FoxFi (WiFi tethering App without root) Useable on Multiple Moto Jelly Bean Devices

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
foxfi.jpgfoxfi2.jpg

Fans of FoxFi will be pleased to learn the newest version is now useable on a wide range of Jelly Bean-based Motorola devices. If you haven't heard of it, FoxFi is a WiFi tethering app that works without rooting your device. You also do not have to be on a tethering plan which saves you $20 a month. Who doesn't like to save money?! This newest version includes a host of Motorola devices added to its list of compatibility, including the DROID RAZR, RAZR MAXX, RAZR HD, RAZR MAXX HD, DROID Bionic, DROID 4 and more. This has been the go to app for free hot spot for Samsung and Moto users prior to the JB update. Now you can get back to tethering after the Jelly Bean update!

It should be noted that if you don't have an unlimited data plan using this app will use data from your monthly allotment. There is a free version of foxfi that has some usage limits. Once the limit is reached you will need to restart the app to continue using it. If you would rather not be inconvenienced they do have a pro version which includes unlimited usage of the app (data rates still apply). Head to the source link to grab this now!

Via Google Play

mykl376

Reaction score
And right before the JB update for my Bionic. Makes me so happy!...
*sniff sniff*

xtor

Reaction score
Now i need to go back to 211, and update to jb, let the fun begin, crap:/

razr on 215 leak

Carpetman

Reaction score
How do I uninstall this app? I went to apps under settings on my nexus and uninstalled it but when I connect to my built in WiFi it still shows FoxFi.

jan8et

Reaction score
Is there any way to keep my password from showing on FoxFi? I have a Droid X (yes, still going strong - unlimited data, don't want to change)

akhenax

Silver Member
Reaction score
Is there any way to keep my password from showing on FoxFi? I have a Droid X (yes, still going strong - unlimited data, don't want to change)

Why do you care if your password shows? It would only be visible from within the Foxfi application, not the actual tethering functionality within JB.

skipbl92

Reaction score
I have a Motorola Droid Razr MAXX and I was very happy to see this topic/post and then being able to update. As soon as I read the initial post I immediately updated PDANet+ and tested.

I was very disappointed that with Jelly Bean FoxFi was unable to work. Tethering over USB and/or Bluetooth is fine, but I wanted my WiFi. I got my WiFi Hotspot back - Tommy Likey, Tommy Want Wingy!

jan8et

Reaction score
Why do you care if your password shows? It would only be visible from within the Foxfi application, not the actual tethering functionality within JB.

I have a password to get into my phone but once I click on the FoxFi, my password is visible. Just would rather have an option to hide it.

Galeyn

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S4

skipbl92

Reaction score
skipbl92,

The instructions I found on PdaNet+ (https://play.google.com/store/apps/...v_other#?t=W251bGwsMSwyLDYsImNvbS5wZGFuZXQiXQ..) suggest the following:

Please install FoxFi 2.12 directly from Play Store to take advantage of latest updates. PdaNet+ contains version 2.10 only.

Try installing this version of FoxFi and see if this solves your problem.

Galeyn,

I re-read my post and there was some miscommunication on my part. In installed the updated version of PDANet+ and I checked Activate WiFi Hotspot (FoxFi 2.10) and was able to use FoxFi without issue.

In my previous post I was referring to FoxFi not working with Jelly Bean when I originally upgraded to Jelly Bean from ICS - sorry about the confusion.

Do I still need to upgrade to FoxFi 2.12?

mikekhelxD

Reaction score
^Yes you do since the updated version, 2.12, includes the devices that are listed on OP.

Galeyn

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S4
skipbl92, I would do as mikekhelxD says. This will ensure that your device is covered.