Police Radio App Available

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
what did this thing cost? $1? $1.50....haha sweet app! thats like 6 gumballs....support the developers! =)

I don't want to get in an argument, but I have an economics degree and statements like this always make me shake my head. The economy would be much better off if people supplied things that were actually in demand.
play nice naked......

Its a really nice app actually.

Is it a necessity? Ofcourse not but its pretty cool and well done.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Reaction score
i use scannerbuddy at the moment but i'll prob give this app a try too!

just curious tho, how do these "police scanner" apps work? i mean, do these apps connect to an online website that streams all the frequencies or does the app actually enable to droid to pick up these stations?

OP
J

[email protected]

Reaction score
i use scannerbuddy at the moment but i'll prob give this app a try too!

just curious tho, how do these "police scanner" apps work? i mean, do these apps connect to an online website that streams all the frequencies or does the app actually enable to droid to pick up these stations?

Just to be aware the developer of that app is breaking his agreement by not paying for the feeds. SO he will probably have to take it down soon.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Any proof of that?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

OP
J

[email protected]

Reaction score
Scannerbuddy in the market is free. Hard part is figuring out how to use it. First select my location button, then use right and left arrows to change channels, then press play.

Another free method is to find channels on radioreference.com and select the iTunes feed then press the speaker icon. If you have cherry rplayer, droidlive or other stream player it'll work.
ScannerBuddy is currently breaking the terms of the third party provider by not charging for his app. It will probably be taken down soon.

nooter99

Reaction score
Stupid question from a novice. Are any of these scanner apps actually live feeds, or just recordings from the recent past?

Neupy

Reaction score
Im gonna try it out...I love police stream but it seems to "go idle" alot and that irritates me to no end. And scanner buddy plain friggin sucks the UI is terrible

OP
J

[email protected]

Reaction score
Im gonna try it out...I love police stream but it seems to "go idle" alot and that irritates me to no end. And scanner buddy plain friggin sucks the UI is terrible

Thanks, be sure to give me some feedback. Always looking to improve my apps.!!!

cyber3d

Reaction score
Oh man I am having too much fun with this app! I've been sending it BT through my car stereo system - pretty cool. Last night, there were police helicopters and patrol units in my neighborhood and I listened to the whole thing go down realtime with Police Radio.

And thanks for the quick tech support reply Jason.

trumpet444

Reaction score
what did this thing cost? $1? $1.50....haha sweet app! thats like 6 gumballs....support the developers! =)

I don't want to get in an argument, but I have an economics degree and statements like this always make me shake my head. The economy would be much better off if people supplied things that were actually in demand.

Hmm, I'm not sure if I understand this. Are you (aminaked) saying that we should'nt buy this because its not a necessity? Or are you saying that it IS a necessity and because of that we shouldnt have to pay for it?

trumpet444

Reaction score
and don't get me wrong either. i'm not trying to pick a fight myself, just trying to clarify/understand