foxfi not working on droid incredible 4g htc with ics platform

jpvd

Reaction score
Is there a problem with the ics platform running foxfi on it. My sister in law has a droid charge with the older platform and can run foxfi just fine. I have the htc incredible 4g with the ics and cant get foxfi to work worth a crap. It says devices are connected to it but none of my devices i have connected to it will pull up the internet. Any suggestions on what i can or cant do to get it to work.

otherguy

Reaction score
I just downloaded FoxFi today for my new Droid Incredible 4G LTE running ICS and I'm having the same problem. Multiple devices can connect and seem to have internet access, but none can pull up webpages. Each time I was on the 4G network and had at least 10Mbps down and 4Mbps up. This makes me think... I'm going to try it with 4G off when I get home.

OP
J

jpvd

Reaction score
I am glad you are having the same problem with your phone as well. This has been driving me nuts why i cant get it to work. I downloaded the ad on for foxfi and what happened when i did that was my sister in law was able to access the internet off her phone using my wifi from foxfi but i still could not get on the computer or my wifes kindell would not work as well. Here I bought the more expensive phone thinking it would work and i should of went with the cheaper phone. Let me know what you come up with. Thanks for the reply back.

otherguy

Reaction score
Yes, it's nice to know you're not alone when problems arise.

I found this thread on xda: Does FoxFi work when not rooted? - xda-developers

The just of that thread is if you use the proxy setting offered by the FoxFi add-on you can access the internet that way. However this doesn't help us for using apps on android devices. You could always root android devices though so that you could use your apps on a proxy. I tested this just now and it works. My coworker's i-pad was able to browse via my hotspot once he set up the proxy.

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
FoxFi has always had problems with HTC devices. Even though the Play store description says it should work with most newer HTC devices on ICS, there's still a chance that it won't work at all.

According to this thread at XDA, you'll need to install FoxFi AddOn and use the included proxy.

otherguy

Reaction score
I also just found this thread: foxfi = infastructure mode on transform ultra - Android Forums

Which suggests that if you change your DNS settings to that of open DNS it should get your browser going. There is a market app called set DNS which can do this for android devices. The app's page claims that it may "break wifi" for non-rooted phones, but it seems most likely that people are somehow putting in the wrong name server details. Nevertheless I'd stick with the proxy setting for now if you're not comfortable with networking stuff.

hartman3

Reaction score
FoxFi now works on Droid Incredible 4G

bsweetness is correct, I just installed the addon & now FoxFi is working on my Droid Incredible 4G LTE as I have my iPod touch connected to it.