Found a Droid on a plane

cpjr

Reaction score
Props for being honest.

We usually see posts more like "I found a phone, now how do I keep it for myself" :(

Sweettreat

Reaction score
Oh yeah. I actually didn't process that it was airplane mode that was activated, not the phone unlocked. I feel r-tarded now.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

bendystrawboy

Reaction score
so you called vzw and gave them the esn and they wouldn't help or am i missing something?

OP
B

branman1986

Reaction score
According to my google research, Verizon won't give out contact information, they'll just send a SASE to put the phone in(and apparently one said "phone recycling program"), which will take forever, and I'm also living out of a hotel.

Finding the owner and same-daying it or overnighting it will be the fastest option, and second fastest option would be taking it to the verizon store, which I'll do after work today. Unfortunately I can't leave the office, so giving it a go myself until I can get there.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Nice to wake up to an Honest "I found a Droid Thread"

joeyx2

Reaction score
Boot into recovery and see if u can do a factory reset that won't wipe the phone. If so it will bring it back to the slide lockscreen.

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score
Well if you can get the number....menu, settings, about phone....phone info I think...

wait. I am confused...so is the phone locked or is it on airplane mode? If it isn't locked just disable airplane mode and you are good. IF it is locked you are probably better off just taking it to VZW or calling them and letting them know you have the phone.