Found a Droid on a plane

branman1986

Reaction score
In the off chance that the owner finds this post, I found a droid in airplane mode on a plane leaving Atlanta on Feb 11th, which unfortunately means there will be no incoming calls and I can't unlock the phone to find any contacts. So if you flew into Atlanta yesterday and lost your droid PM me. Just provide me with your seat number and details about the phone to confirm it's yours and I will overnight it back to you. Otherwise, I will be turning it into Verizon this evening.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
In the off chance that the owner finds this post, I found a droid in airplane mode on a plane leaving Atlanta on Feb 11th, which unfortunately means there will be no incoming calls and I can't unlock the phone to find any contacts. So if you flew into Atlanta yesterday and lost your droid PM me. Just provide me with your seat number and details about the phone to confirm it's yours and I will overnight it back to you. Otherwise, I will be turning it into Verizon this evening.

Thank you for being an honest person who knows the correct way to handle something like this. The chances that the owner is even a member of this Forum is remote but it doesn't hurt to try.

If by any chance the Verizon Store refuses it, call *611 or go here, enter your zip and it will give you an 800 number.

OP
B

branman1986

Reaction score
Is there a way to turn off airplane mode without unlocking the phone? Any sort of reset that won't erase the phone?

OP
B

branman1986

Reaction score
Yeah, I tried that and it still loads up in airplane mode :(

OP
B

branman1986

Reaction score
No contacts available in Emergency call, nor any ICE numbers. Tried calling my office with the phone to get the cell number, but the emergency dialer will only call 911 and lists the numbers as "not an emergency number"

OP
B

branman1986

Reaction score
it allowed me to take it off airplane mode. Need someone to call so I can track down the owner.

252chevyboyz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Try going to phone info and see if you can find the phones number and then call it and see if you can get a name from the voicemail maybe?

Sent from my Liberated D2

OP
B

branman1986

Reaction score
Try going to phone info and see if you can find the phones number and then call it and see if you can get a name from the voicemail maybe?

Sent from my Liberated D2

apologies for my ignorance, but how do I get into the phone info?

Sweettreat

Reaction score
Just call "mom" or "dad" and tell them what's up.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App