Droid 1 with blank screen, but full input available as well as status light

Riizu

Reaction score
Hello,

So, as of yesterday, my droid seems to have developed a bit of a snag. Okay, a LOT of a snag. Every so often, the screen no longer displays anything. A backlight is visible, and thats it. Input is still possible (determined by vibration when the unlock key on the screen is pressed, holding button to power off phone, etc) a status light still blinks when there is a notification, and I can still receive messages. At first, a battery pull or pressing the unlock button enough times could get the screen to come back on. Now it won't even do that, and thats after NUMEROUS battery pulls.

As a high school senior, my phone has seen a fair bit of wear and tear, but its never suffered any major drops, i've never abused it, or caused any damage to it. I keep a screen shield on it, and put it in my pocket most of the time.

What im worried about now is, one, will I have to take into verizon, and two, will they be able to refuse me a replacement and be able to tell its rooted? Im sure there are things on the SD card, but I cant even remove the files.

On top of all of this, i'm currently out of town visiting my mother. My father is technically the owner as he pays the bill, which im guessing may cause an issue if I take it into a Verizon Store out here. Anyways, I'd appreciate any help, as I have to board a plane on New Years Day, and this is really the last thing I needed to happen.

teddyearp

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Razr 5g Rooted
:welcome: to the forums. And that was a very nicely put post. Sorry that this is too late, and may be of no help. Why? Because it sounds like a hardware failure and unless the phone is still covered under the one year mfg warranty, you may be sol.

good luck