forum newbie

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions & Site Assistance' started by LKat, Oct 11, 2011.

1. LKat

LKat New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, here to research and likely root my Droid2. Just when have MY personal cellphone set the way I like(yes, me, the person who paid for it) , along comes an update that fubars everything. Disappears things I like (wth is my orange wallpaper?), adds ca-ca I don't want (I thought Blockbuster went bankrupt years ago!), and runs slower with every update. I have never had anything in common with the programmer who adds new 'conveniences" like that annoying blue thing that highlights, the hyphen that puts itself in front of the letter I want it after, and adds (forcibly!) suggested words, capitalizes at random and the list goes on. I would like control of MY phone back, same as the toaster, shoes, microwave, and other possessions I paid for. Everytime I Google'd for solutions this forum came up. Found the posts helpful and am impressed by the collective knowledge and willingness to share that. Plan to upgrade to 4G if/when Mototola releases 4G with slideout qwerty. Maserati buzz looks interesting, but what is "smooth" keyboard? A slideout touchscreen in an attempt to 'wean' those of us who prefer tactile? And I just learned that some phones do not have removable batteries. Nuts to that, as well. Can someone tell me how to shut off that automatic word thing? I just want what I type to show up. Obviously I don't help adding verbiage. Thanking you in advance.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2011
  2. Chizzele

Chizzele Team Sourcery Developer

Ratings:
    +17
    Welcome to the forum good to have you on board. You can change keyboard settings through the Language & Keyboard sub menu in your phone settings. Just click for the settings of the keyboard you are using and disable auto complete.

3. LKat

LKat New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Oh thank you! Went to language settings per your instructions-had no idea how much 'auto' was included. Guess I'm old fashioned, but I think this does a disservice. I didn't understand the associations in the auto-complete; I don't think it was 'learning' me. Didn't it come 'loaded' with what someone else thinks I'm going to say next? Hilarious

In any case, Chizzele, THANK YOU! What a relief; starting to feel better already. I knew this forum was a good idea.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

Last edited: Oct 12, 2011
  4. JSM9872

JSM9872 DF Super Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +287
    Current Phone Model:
    Galaxy Note 3
    Welcome to DF!!

And glad our community, specifically Chizzele in this case, was already able to assist you. Make sure to stick around a while, I would bet you will find tons more great stuff here!

5. rck76

rck76 DF Super Moderator Premium Member

Ratings:
    +38
    Welcome to the forums. Glad chizzele was able to help you out :)

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

6. CJM

CJM Developer Relations Staff Member Rescue Squad Premium Member

Ratings:
    +609
    :welcome: to the forum. Feel free to join in and have fun.

7. Hawaiian Princess

Hawaiian Princess Moderator

Ratings:
    +16
    ALOHA welcome to the forum

8. BenLand150

BenLand150 Premium Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +82
    Welcome! Glad you found help fast! This forum is usually pretty good for that. :)

9. LKat

LKat New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the welcome, Everyone.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

10. SFGate

SFGate Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Welcome to the site. dancedroid