forum newbie

LKat

Reaction score
Hi, here to research and likely root my Droid2. Just when have MY personal cellphone set the way I like(yes, me, the person who paid for it) , along comes an update that fubars everything. Disappears things I like (wth is my orange wallpaper?), adds ca-ca I don't want (I thought Blockbuster went bankrupt years ago!), and runs slower with every update. I have never had anything in common with the programmer who adds new 'conveniences" like that annoying blue thing that highlights, the hyphen that puts itself in front of the letter I want it after, and adds (forcibly!) suggested words, capitalizes at random and the list goes on. I would like control of MY phone back, same as the toaster, shoes, microwave, and other possessions I paid for. Everytime I Google'd for solutions this forum came up. Found the posts helpful and am impressed by the collective knowledge and willingness to share that. Plan to upgrade to 4G if/when Mototola releases 4G with slideout qwerty. Maserati buzz looks interesting, but what is "smooth" keyboard? A slideout touchscreen in an attempt to 'wean' those of us who prefer tactile? And I just learned that some phones do not have removable batteries. Nuts to that, as well. Can someone tell me how to shut off that automatic word thing? I just want what I type to show up. Obviously I don't help adding verbiage. Thanking you in advance.

Last edited:

Chizzele

Team Sourcery
Developer
Reaction score
Website
teamsourcery.com
Welcome to the forum good to have you on board. You can change keyboard settings through the Language & Keyboard sub menu in your phone settings. Just click for the settings of the keyboard you are using and disable auto complete.

OP
LKat

LKat

Reaction score
Oh thank you! Went to language settings per your instructions-had no idea how much 'auto' was included. Guess I'm old fashioned, but I think this does a disservice. I didn't understand the associations in the auto-complete; I don't think it was 'learning' me. Didn't it come 'loaded' with what someone else thinks I'm going to say next? Hilarious

In any case, Chizzele, THANK YOU! What a relief; starting to feel better already. I knew this forum was a good idea.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

Last edited:

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Welcome to DF!!

And glad our community, specifically Chizzele in this case, was already able to assist you. Make sure to stick around a while, I would bet you will find tons more great stuff here!

rck76

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forums. Glad chizzele was able to help you out :)

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

BenLand150

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Welcome! Glad you found help fast! This forum is usually pretty good for that. :)

OP
LKat

LKat

Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome, Everyone.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums