Formatting SD card

abcdylan

Reaction score
North Bay, California- Soon to be Queens NY
So my sd card is acting up, and I guess I'm going to format it by hooking my phone up to the computer and giving it a go. Beforehand though, are there any mandatory folders I should replace once it's ckeaned up? Or do I have free range to do whatever I'd like with it?

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

OP
A

abcdylan

Reaction score
North Bay, California- Soon to be Queens NY
How might I go about that? I moved and don't have the book anymore. Plus, should I still save everything on the computer, or will my phone distinguish what to save?

Also, I'm on a Mac. No computer of my own til I nab a new one :/

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
I've seen some okay ones (refurbs with fresh XP installs, small hard drives) for about $100 delivered if you already have a monitor, but that's neither here nor there. :)

Just mount the SD card to the mac, open it, select everything, and move it into a folder on your desktop. Once you've done that, turn off USB mass storage, go into settings> SD card> Unmount. Once that's done then format should stop being grayed out in a minute or two. If it doesn't (some people said it took 15, but that's a bit long to wait, IMO) you can remount it and then format it in the computer. Once it's formatted then you can transfer all the stuff from the folder back onto the card.