Help! - does not recognize SD card

dtroy66

Reaction score
Silly me - I thought I would turn off some applications that i don't use (Skype, social networking tool, etc.) a few minutes later, I went to look at some of my pictures and they were gone and the message "please insert SD card before starting camera."

Did i loose my pictures? How do i get it to recognize the factory installed SD card again? Everything was fine before...

SD card and Phone storage settings:

Total Space - "unavailable"
available space - "unavailable"

Mount SD card and Format SD card are greyed out.

i guess i should have just left well enough alone.

Your help is appreciated...

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Have you tried turning off the phone and re seating the sd card?

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

pool_shark

Reaction score
Is it plugged in?
If you have it plugged in and set to usb mass storage you can't access the card on the device you can only access it on the pc.

OP
D

dtroy66

Reaction score
That worked...

I feel like a big dope but I would not have guessed this would do it. I really need to think of the Droid as a small computer (which it is) and rebooting fixes a lot!dancedroid

Thanks!

Dedonut

Reaction score
I'm having the same problem with the SD card while trying to sync ringtones and photos via Mark/Space Missing Sync. I feel like I'm in some kind of loop. If I mount the SD card and then plug it in via the USB cable, it becomes unavailable, then when I try to sync I get the error message "To sync Music, Photos, Video, Folder Sync or Ringtones, first connect your device via USB cable and make sure the device card is mounted. To sync Contacts, initiate the sync on the handheld with the device and computer both on the same Wi-Fi network." The phone appears on the desktop (I guess that's what it is). Actually I have 2 MOT Devices mounted and one Motorola disk. (Don't know what that's about.)

So I can only keep the SD card available if I don't use the USB cable but I can't sync photos and ringtones wirelessly.

Am I missing something here? Is there something else I should be doing? I'm essentially a Mac person with a 3 day old Bionic. Can someone help me please? I've been at this a long time yesterday and today. The definition of 'insanity' is to do the same thing over and over and expect a different result!! :)

P.S.

I've rebooted several times.