For the sub 5 in phone fans or a recycle job?

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Apple's iPhone 5SE, unlike all the other iPhones, took a phone they already had in the back storage and managed to update it with newer software and an added fingerprint sensor. Part of me feel like this is the phone for those that was begging for sub 5 inch device that was not low-end. At the same time the iPhone SE allowed Apple's iPhone department to literally take a year off. Basically they took the iPhone 5 and beef the specs up to match that of the latest iPhone 6s.

Us android fans will point out to the "sheeple" that if the buy this they are being duped. But maybe this is what the industry needs, a phone that is not trying to rival the size of the Zack Morris phone and still be a phone worth buying.

zack-morris-cell-phone-2.jpg

With that said, hey Apple feel free to catch up to android and make 32GB the new minimum memory size. 16 GB in a phone these days is a joke.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Eh...Idk. I feel like there are plenty of people who like their iphone because it's relatively small. These same people are likely to have decided against getting the 6 (and definitely against the 6+) and the S variants of each. I think this is a rather smart play at this point in the game. They went with the trend of larger phones and now they're covering the rest of the market's preference.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I think it's a smart move on their part. I'm pretty sure there is a market for that size phone. I know there is with one demographic....teenagers. I have 2 of them and this is the phone they both want. Almost everyone in their schools has iPhones, mostly because of the size. Kids don't want to carry 5.5, 5.7 or 6" phones around. They are too big for today's skinny jeans generation. They are both eligible for new phones on the monthly pricing plan and there is not a single Android phone in the store that they like that is under 5.5". There are probably a lot of adults that still prefer smaller phones with good specs. The 5SE will probably sell a ton.

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
As much as I talk junk the iPhone 5 design is a nice looking design. From the individual volume buttons to the metal design. Just a beautiful looking device.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
They do make a nice phone, no argument from me there. I have even thought about switching all 4 of us over a few times. There is some simplicity to their approach, and all of the accessories. I fully understand why Android is so fragmented when compared to iOS, and that is one area where they beat Android. But, we are too embedded into the Google / Android ecosystem at this point. And I like that all 4 of us have custom designed Moto Maker phones, so they have that individual / personal touch. That's where Android kills iPhones.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
They do make a nice phone, no argument from me there. I have even thought about switching all 4 of us over a few times. There is some simplicity to their approach, and all of the accessories. I fully understand why Android is so fragmented when compared to iOS, and that is one area where they beat Android. But, we are too embedded into the Google / Android ecosystem at this point. And I like that all 4 of us have custom designed Moto Maker phones, so they have that individual / personal touch. That's where Android kills iPhones.

That is the one thing I missed about having an iPhone. How there are just so many more accessories that work for it. Now it is not as bad given we can pair everything with BT. But 5-6 years ago it was like every alarm clock and stereo was designed to be a docking station for the iPhone.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Fragmentation or seemingly 10k step process to add a ringtone to my phone followed by another 200 steps to use it.
Hmmmm. Decisions decisions.

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4
<><

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
I think it was a smart move with the new SE ...other than no 3D which I love by the way ...internals are upgraded nicely for those folks that want the small phone ..

6s Plus