Samsung Plans to Launch the Galaxy Note 5 in mid-August to Get Ahead of the iPhone 6S Plus

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Galaxy-Note-5-renders-b.jpg

The above image is a fan render found randomly on the web.

Back in the early part of this summer there was a rumor that Samsung would be launching the Galaxy Note 5 ahead of schedule in July to pre-empt the launch of the Apple iPhone 6S Plus. That rumor was later refuted by Samsung's CEO JK Shin. It turns out that the rumor was partially true though. Samsung will indeed be launching the Galaxy Note 5 early, but it will be in mid-August instead of July.

Normally, Samsung usually launches the Galaxy Note series during IFA in September. This year Apple shared they would be holding their iPhone 6S and 6S Plus launch 6 days after IFA. It looks like Samsung's strategy is to get out ahead of the next iteration of the iPhone Plus model with their Galaxy Note 5.

This way they can potentially scalp sales from the Cupertino company and keep some users away from the next larger iPhone. This accelerated launch schedule also allows Samsung to ramp up their hype machine to market their phablet-sized device longer.

Here's our Samsung Galaxy Note 5 Forum for further discussion: Samsung Galaxy Note 5 Android Forum at DroidForums.net

Source: WSJ

gadgetrants

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
This feels very...familiar...to me...

charlie-brown-football-pwn-o.gif

Surely Samsung execs realize:

(1) Any potential iPhone owners will obviously wait for the Apple announcement, and

(2) If Samsung releases their phone first, Apple will tailor their release ads to show they "topped" it

-Matt

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
@dgstorm, hi! The link directing to the Samsung Galaxy Note 5 forum connects with the Android 2.0 screenshot forum.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
This feels very...familiar...to me...

charlie-brown-football-pwn-o.gif

Surely Samsung execs realize:

(1) Any potential iPhone owners will obviously wait for the Apple announcement, and

(2) If Samsung releases their phone first, Apple will tailor their release ads to show they "topped" it

-Matt
True....Even though ios is cutting edge 2012..we'll see what improvements they make..if any for this round...

gadgetrants

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
True....Even though ios is cutting edge 2012..we'll see what improvements they make..if any for this round...
LOL Best comment of the day. :)

-Matt

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus

You give far too much credit. Other than a design overhaul you would be hard pressed to notice a difference between iOS on a 3GS and iOS on an i6 Plus.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
You give far too much credit. Other than a design overhaul you would be hard pressed to notice a difference between iOS on a 3GS and iOS on an i6 Plus.
I was being facetious... No credit is given to ios other than for audio recording. They blow us away on that..

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
I was being facetious... No credit is given to ios other than for audio recording. They blow us away on that..
No 94lt1, facetious? Not you! My son was an iOS fan. Hated Android mainly bc he hates figuring out tech. He complained constantly about his iPhone also but it was better than Android. It always amazed me that the newest iPhone was almost the same as the previous. It wasn't until he got the Note4 that he swears that they made a phone special for him. He loves it. I actually tried to talk him into sticking with iPhone cuz I didn't want to hear him complain. He still swears by his note 4. Never wants any other phone.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
No 94lt1, facetious? Not you! My son was an iOS fan. Hated Android mainly bc he hates figuring out tech. He complained constantly about his iPhone also but it was better than Android. It always amazed me that the newest iPhone was almost the same as the previous. It wasn't until he got the Note4 that he swears that they made a phone special for him. He loves it. I actually tried to talk him into sticking with iPhone cuz I didn't want to hear him complain. He still swears by his note 4. Never wants any other phone.

Shhhhh..don't tell...loves ya tis...baaahahahahahahahahaha