Samsung Might Announce Galaxy Note 5 in July to Get Ahead of the iPhone 6S Launch [Rumor]

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Samsung-Galaxy-Note-5-concept_1.jpg

The above is an artist's concept render found randomly on the web.

Here's a hot Samsung rumor to start off your Monday morning with a bang! Supposedly, Sammy may be planning to unveil the Galaxy Note 5 as early as July in an effort to "steal thunder" from Apple's launch of the iPhone 6S in the fall. Apparently, the Galaxy Note 5 is ahead of schedule in its development phase, so Samsung could be looking to take advantage of that by getting a jump on their biggest competitor.

We even have a few supposedly leaked details regarding the new device. The source of this intel claims the display will be 5.89 inches for the regular Note 5, and 5.78 inches for a Note 5 Edge. Additionally, these displays will take things to a whole new level of resolution with 3840x2160 UltraHD, which will result in a mind-blowing (although arguably useless) 700 pixels per inch.

The rumors also indicate a Samsung Exynos chipset, but in order to push that many pixels with decent performance it will probably need to be a next-generation SoC. Finally, this same source claims the batter could be as big as 4100mAh. Overall, we are taking this rumor with a healthy dose of skepticism, so stay tuned for further future details.

Here's our Samsung Galaxy Note 5 section for further discussion: Samsung Galaxy Note 5 Android Forum at DroidForums.net

Source: WhoWired

bigdad63

Reaction score
1. Front facing speakers
2. All day battery life (sealed batteries go in the negative column since I'm constantly on the go & don't have the time or mental energy to be doing fast charges)
3. 64gb memory AND SD card
4. Top of the line camera (especially indoors and low light)
I'm ready to replace my note 3. let's see if samsung steps up to the plate or not.
PS-I don't want any resolution past qHD if it means a loss of battery life.

Last edited:

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
1. Front facing speakers
2. All day battery life (sealed batteries go in the negative column since I'm constantly on the go & don't have the time or mental energy to be doing fast charges)
3. 64gb memory AND SD card
4. Top of the line camera (especially indoors and low light)
I'm ready to replace my note 3. let's see if samsung steps up to the plate or not.
PS-I don't want any resolution past qHD if it means a loss of battery life.

If their last few lineups of phones are any indication, you will get:

1. No front facing speakers. They aren't needed anyways. The sound quality of my Note Edge is superb even though I was initially pessimistic about them putting it on back again.
2. More than enough battery to make it through the day. User habits may very of course. I am not believing the 4000mAH rumor though...no way, no how.
3. 64 GB with no SDcard, but it will have 128GB as an option.
4. The best camera currently on the market.
5. Their last few phones have comparable battery life with much higher resolutions than their predecessors.

bigdad63

Reaction score
If their last few lineups of phones are any indication, you will get:

1. No front facing speakers. They aren't needed anyways. The sound quality of my Note Edge is superb even though I was initially pessimistic about them putting it on back again.
2. More than enough battery to make it through the day. User habits may very of course. I am not believing the 4000mAH rumor though...no way, no how.
3. 64 GB with no SDcard, but it will have 128GB as an option.
4. The best camera currently on the market.
5. Their last few phones have comparable battery life with much higher resolutions than their predecessors.

Having an energy wasting speaker on the back in no way replaces much more natural sounding front facing speakers. FFS are vastly superior for music, movies, speakerphone conversations and navigation. There's a reason speakers face the listener at home, in theatres, at concerts and at ball parks.

droidprincess

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Iphone 7 Plus
Twitter
droidprincesstx
I am super excited!!

sent from my fabulous Note 4♡

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
Having an energy wasting speaker on the back in no way replaces much more natural sounding front facing speakers. FFS are vastly superior for music, movies, speakerphone conversations and navigation. There's a reason speakers face the listener at home, in theatres, at concerts and at ball parks.

I would also like front facing speakers. I'm not switching OEMs to get it though. It's a phone. Other than the occasional YouTube clip I don't really have the need for it on a phone.

They have the perfect opportunity to use one of the edges as a speaker. Since they have removed the user experience from the Edge model they might as well turn one of them into a speaker...missed calls, notifications etc on the right side edge and a speaker on the left edge.

kixfan

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 20u AT&T
Twitter
kixfan
July would be a welcome surprise. Sitting here on an available upgrade with my Note 3 waiting for the Note 5. Didnt bother with the Note 4. Seemed like the Note 3 all over again. I have one more payment on my Note 3 next plan until I can keep it as a back-up. July would be perfect!

bigdad63

Reaction score
I would also like front facing speakers. I'm not switching OEMs to get it though. It's a phone. Other than the occasional YouTube clip I don't really have the need for it on a phone.

They have the perfect opportunity to use one of the edges as a speaker. Since they have removed the user experience from the Edge model they might as well turn one of them into a speaker...missed calls, notifications etc on the right side edge and a speaker on the left edge.

Interesting concept. I do all 4 of the things I mentioned quite often, so I'm being inflexible on that. I would have gotten the Nexus 6 if it had much better battery life and an SD card (the camera is a little weak though for the asking price). I also feel a little weird that the edge screens are a little smaller. Oh well, time to wait and see.

Last edited:

sharkattack99

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S8+
I don't know, I'm still on the fence of getting the note 5. The no SD card is a downer for sure but the 128gb version if it comes to the US that is might make up for it. The sealed battery is well eh I mean I never had a phones battery go so bad that it won't hold a charge and was in need of replacing. So that could be a problem or not a problem....lol. the specs are pretty nice though. But all in all I may still get it. I've had 2 thru 4 so why not..we'll see when the real phone and specs come out then we'll make a decision.

Last edited: