Samsung Galaxy Note 5 Might Have UHD 3840x2160 Display, and Dual-Edge Version with 762ppi

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
Hopefully they weren't talking about a sealed battery and no sd card.

I think secretly no SD card is another way to motivate people to upgrade....sure, 32gigs is plenty - until it isn't and you have no real option other than to upgrade. And they gouge us horribly on internal storage.

kinfolk248

Reaction score
LOL looks like ppl finally come to realize that spec sheets are just that, spec sheets that sound good on commercials. Hardware this, hardware that, software is just now starting to catch up while batteries are still laps behind...

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
I can make it all day without thinking about charging either of my phones. I think most people are still very unrealistic in regards to battery life.

kinfolk248

Reaction score
I can make it all day without thinking about charging either of my phones. I think most people are still very unrealistic in regards to battery life.
Battery size and battery life are too diff things. The razor maxx didn't have great battery life as moto claimed, it just has a big ass battery lol.

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
Battery size and battery life are too diff things. The razor maxx didn't have great battery life as moto claimed, it just has a big ass battery lol.

Once the phones became big enough to replace tablets as primary media consumption devices people realized that phone battery life wasn't as long as they would like it to be. I can't see this want ever being fulfilled.

I have come to realize that it is just a phone which is severely limited by internal space and if you want to push it beyond its limitations then you either have to buy extended batteries, replacement batteries, or an external battery pack.

I have a 10,000 mAH pack that can charge my phones 3 times. I rarely use it unless I end up in a poor reception area since I have returned to using my tablet for the purpose it was purchased for...to use my phone as a phone and my tablet for everything else.

kinfolk248

Reaction score
Once the phones became big enough to replace tablets as primary media consumption devices people realized that phone battery life wasn't as long as they would like it to be. I can't see this want ever being fulfilled.

I have come to realize that it is just a phone which is severely limited by internal space and if you want to push it beyond its limitations then you either have to buy extended batteries, replacement batteries, or an external battery pack.

I have a 10,000 mAH pack that can charge my phones 3 times. I rarely use it unless I end up in a poor reception area since I have returned to using my tablet for the purpose it was purchased for...to use my phone as a phone and my tablet for everything else.
Yea because battery tech is just not advancing like it should and probably never will because it's a way to force ppl to go buy a new phone when the battery has a stroke.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
Actually, phone battery demand has spurred battery technology development more than anything else in the last decade. We're finally catching up to where we should have been twenty years ago. Every time electricity gets cheaper, the drive to create better batteries fell by the wayside. It was thought that electric cars would push the tech forward, but gasoline prices dictated they were relegated to the back burner, and used older battery tech. Now cellphones are the driving force and e-cars are reaping the benefits.

Apple will probably claim the iPhone is responsible for the first general-run major manufacturer electric car capable of going more than 500 miles on a single charge.

"Buy the phone responsible for your freedom from foreign oil. The iPhone Classic. A symbol of the times. For only $1300, you can own one of the extremely limited production run of 60,000,000 units, each signed by Saint Jobs, individually numbered, with a certificate of authenticity, declaring you to be a distinguishing consumer. The iPhone Classic. (warranty not valid if you hold the phone, turn the phone on, or in any way expect the device to function)"

Reactions: cr6

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Yea because battery tech is just not advancing like it should and probably never will because it's a way to force ppl to go buy a new phone when the battery has a stroke.
This is one of the things that made Galaxy S devices so attractive, the ability to easily replace the battery. Especially with OEM replacements being so dirt cheap these days. Now that Samsung realizes their Galaxy S devices are lasting much longer and people are keeping them longer than the typical 2 years, they had to work a different angle with their "planned obsolescence". They've certainly done that with the new S6 Edge by making it next to impossible to replace the battery, let alone replacing the screen without completely demolishing the phone in the process.

S5 tap'n