[Follow-Up] Online Petition to Stop Verizon From Killing Unlimited Data

SquireSCA

Silver Member
Reaction score
Why bother? Unlimited data is going away, we have known this for a year. If you don't use much data, as 99% of users don't, then it doesn't effect you. If you are one of the people pulling down 20gb a month, then you are part of the problem...

swc2001

Reaction score
Irate!!!!

Signed It....
I AM SO IRATE I COULD SCREAM!!!!

THIS IS OUTRAGEOUS.... IF IT STANDS AND GOES THROUGH. HERE I COME SPRINT.
ME AND MY ENTIRE EXTENDED FAMILY!!!

BEEN A LOYAL CUSTOMER FOR 8 YEARS I PAY THEM $240 EVERY MONTH AS DOES MY EXTENDED FAMILY.

IF THEY PULL THIS.... IM DONE!!!

SquireSCA

Silver Member
Reaction score
Signed It....
I AM SO IRATE I COULD SCREAM!!!!

THIS IS OUTRAGEOUS.... IF IT STANDS AND GOES THROUGH. HERE I COME SPRINT.
ME AND MY ENTIRE EXTENDED FAMILY!!!

BEEN A LOYAL CUSTOMER FOR 8 YEARS I PAY THEM $240 EVERY MONTH AS DOES MY EXTENDED FAMILY.

IF THEY PULL THIS.... IM DONE!!!

And a year from now when Sprint does the same thing? Face it, it was easy to offer Unlimited data when 3G was the norm and phones didn't use much data. They could offer it to everyone, knowing that 99% of people would never use more than a small amount.

But with everyone streaming video and audio, Netflix and downloading much more content, they are in a position where more people are using lots of data, and it is no longer "free money" for them.

They don't care about you, they care about profits and shareholders. As long as too many of you don't leave, they don't care a damn about you. They know that for everyone one like you that leaves, someone else joins.

KL1

Reaction score
Signed also

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Beardface

Reaction score
Why bother? Unlimited data is going away, we have known this for a year. If you don't use much data, as 99% of users don't, then it doesn't effect you. If you are one of the people pulling down 20gb a month, then you are part of the problem...
Ummm... its not the 20GB people that are furious over this, its the people who use maybe 3-5 GB a month, who have been with Verizon for over a decade (like myself) and feel like the company is showing absolutely no loyalty to longtime customers, and in fact, doing everything imaginable to royally piss off the dedicated loyal customers that have stuck with them through the thick and thin. This is crap.

We're going to go from unlimited plans, to being forced to sign on to a tier, and if you want to keep paying the same amount you have been paying, you're signing up for the bare minimum. Yeah, good customer service right there. And then on top of that, you're going to charge them for the privilege to buy a new phone on top of the price they're already paying for the honor of renewing their plan. Oh, and if thats not good enough, you're going to pre-load a bunch of apps on the devices which suck down data minutes faster than most, and provide your customers no way to remove them without voiding the warranty.

Yeah, I'm pissed. And you should be as well. Just because they're doing it doesn't mean we have to accept it. This is the first time in a very long time that I'm considering changing providers. When I got the Bolt (terrible device), I made sure to verify with the rep that my plan would be grandfathered as a 4G unlimited data plan. I was told unequivocally, YES. Now, Verizon is backing out of that promise. Say what you want about the in-store reps, but there's a reason they are called reps. They REPRESENT Verizon Wireless. They ARE the voice of Verizon when you're in the store. If they lie to you, Verizon has lied to you.

I've been with Verizon since 2000. I've never had a problem with them, but they're just nickel and diming the crap out of their customers right now, and I've about had enough. In an age where we are getting more and more dependent on wireless communications, they're leading the charge to extort the most possible money out of customers who must use their services, in both their personal and professional lives. Its disgusting, and it needs to stop.

Arkbird

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
Finally got my computer working! And then I come back after 2 weeks to see this mess. Verizon what have you done?? I'm not sure If i'm willing to sign this or not so I'll wait until I hear all the details.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Sign with your wallet at contract renewal time. Verizon will pay 0 attention to an online petition because it's worth as much as the paper it's printed on and the whole reason for the move is about money.
When your contract is up, suck it up not getting this or that phone and port out.
Only that will get their attention enough to do something beyond a press release.

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
A Rezound phone was used for this Tapatalk post

SquireSCA

Silver Member
Reaction score
Ummm... its not the 20GB people that are furious over this, its the people who use maybe 3-5 GB a month, who have been with Verizon for over a decade (like myself) and feel like the company is showing absolutely no loyalty to longtime customers, and in fact, doing everything imaginable to royally piss off the dedicated loyal customers that have stuck with them through the thick and thin. This is crap.

We're going to go from unlimited plans, to being forced to sign on to a tier, and if you want to keep paying the same amount you have been paying, you're signing up for the bare minimum. Yeah, good customer service right there. And then on top of that, you're going to charge them for the privilege to buy a new phone on top of the price they're already paying for the honor of renewing their plan. Oh, and if thats not good enough, you're going to pre-load a bunch of apps on the devices which suck down data minutes faster than most, and provide your customers no way to remove them without voiding the warranty.

Yeah, I'm pissed. And you should be as well. Just because they're doing it doesn't mean we have to accept it. This is the first time in a very long time that I'm considering changing providers. When I got the Bolt (terrible device), I made sure to verify with the rep that my plan would be grandfathered as a 4G unlimited data plan. I was told unequivocally, YES. Now, Verizon is backing out of that promise. Say what you want about the in-store reps, but there's a reason they are called reps. They REPRESENT Verizon Wireless. They ARE the voice of Verizon when you're in the store. If they lie to you, Verizon has lied to you.

I've been with Verizon since 2000. I've never had a problem with them, but they're just nickel and diming the crap out of their customers right now, and I've about had enough. In an age where we are getting more and more dependent on wireless communications, they're leading the charge to extort the most possible money out of customers who must use their services, in both their personal and professional lives. Its disgusting, and it needs to stop.

But again, you knew a year ago that this was coming. When they stopped offering the Unlimited plan, and 6 months later talked about throttling Unlimited plans that went over 2gb, etc...

You saw ATT do it, you see TMobile throttling. This is the industry as a whole, not just VZW.

Change providers. Only one provider offers Unlimited, and next year when they get rid of it where will you go then?

As for the kid working at the local store representing VZW. Not really. He is just some kid working at a VZW store. He doesn't set policy. He has no authority. And his inept or flawed interpretation of policy is not legally binding to VZW corporate.

swc2001

Reaction score
Can i get an a-men!!

ummm... Its not the 20gb people that are furious over this, its the people who use maybe 3-5 gb a month, who have been with verizon for over a decade (like myself) and feel like the company is showing absolutely no loyalty to longtime customers, and in fact, doing everything imaginable to royally piss off the dedicated loyal customers that have stuck with them through the thick and thin. This is crap.

Yeah, i'm pissed. And you should be as well. Just because they're doing it doesn't mean we have to accept it. This is the first time in a very long time that i'm considering changing providers. When i got the bolt (terrible device), i made sure to verify with the rep that my plan would be grandfathered as a 4g unlimited data plan. I was told unequivocally, yes. Now, verizon is backing out of that promise. Say what you want about the in-store reps, but there's a reason they are called reps. They represent verizon wireless. They are the voice of verizon when you're in the store. If they lie to you, verizon has lied to you.

I've been with verizon since 2000. I've never had a problem with them, but they're just nickel and diming the crap out of their customers right now, and i've about had enough. In an age where we are getting more and more dependent on wireless communications, they're leading the charge to extort the most possible money out of customers who must use their services, in both their personal and professional lives. Its disgusting, and it needs to stop.

a-men!!

ashclepdia

Reaction score
Some folks may not be fans of this type of music, but the lyrics seemed rather appropriate to this thread, so I thought it worth sharing: (also, don't worry... the lyrics of this particular song are not inappropriate. I double checked before posting this. In fact, the words themselves are surprisingly inspirational!)

[video=youtube;MuTLGLsAzyY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MuTLGLsAzyY[/video]

Here's the lyrics, since the video doesn't have subtitles:

I dunno WHY anyone would need lyrics to that
I used to BLAST this song twenty times a day
Lyrics are easily heard surprisingly it's the easiest of their sind to understand.
Isn't there another by then called perseverance? Would go great with that one

SquireSCA

Silver Member
Reaction score
I dunno WHY anyone would need lyrics to that
I used to BLAST this song twenty times a day
Lyrics are easily heard surprisingly it's the easiest of their sind to understand.
Isn't there another by then called perseverance? Would go great with that one

Does anyone have the lyrics in print form. The guy's voice is horrible and you cannot even understand what he is screaming about. LOL

I won't even call it music... a "standard metal" guitar riff and some no-talent screaming and swinging his long hair in a circle I would imagine...

ashclepdia

Reaction score
But again, you knew a year ago that this was coming. When they stopped offering the Unlimited plan, and 6 months later talked about throttling Unlimited plans that went over 2gb, etc...

You saw ATT do it, you see TMobile throttling. This is the industry as a whole, not just VZW.

Change providers. Only one provider offers Unlimited, and next year when they get rid of it where will you go then?

As for the kid working at the local store representing VZW. Not really. He is just some kid working at a VZW store. He doesn't set policy. He has no authority. And his inept or flawed interpretation of policy is not legally binding to VZW corporate.

I don't agree with your flawed interpretation of "everyone else is doing it, so why wouldn't vzw" thoughts
(i know that doesn't entirely make sense but you get My idea)
Vzw claims to have best customer service and best user experience as a whole.
Them "following suit" of what other companies do just doesn't make sense/sit well with me, if they are doing what all other companies are doing then what is the benefit for other customers to come over, or stay with them?
Also, has at&t already forced people who HAD unlimited packages to take tiered? I know they allowed them to renew those and stay grandfathered in, but are they still allowing that?
If so then this isn't a case of them following suit so to speak.
It would just be them being completely greedy.
Which it is anyways.
Nothing to do with network experience for other users by cutting down the hogs.
Straight from the cfo lips "we will see increased revenues from moving people to these tiered plans priced higher"
Bull greed