Verizon Confirms the Obvious: No Plans to Bring Back Unlimited Data

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
With home Internet I have no need for unlimited data. I bumped us to 18gb and we used less than 5 and that was with streaming Sirius all I wanted.

For most people, that's just it. Unless you plan to unplug and ditch home internet, unlimited data just isn't that big of a deal for most and 4-6GB plans are more than sufficient. I like my unlimited, and I use it...but only because I can. I could easily adjust without it.

And in VZW case, like Apple they target more premium customers - not going to slaughter their profit margin to pick up volume and, in the process, commoditize the entire mobile industry.

And for people who stick with VZW for when they NEED good service - they could consider a single line on VZW and then put multiple devices on TMo or Sprint. Of course, to pay for two plans then it doesn't really save money cutting the cord.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I stick with vzw because of the coverage. T-Mobile, Sprint,and at&t don't have a remotely decent signal at my house..the home internet/Wi-Fi providers are a joke and they're down for days and even weeks at a time..

So I stay with vzw...especially now that I have WiFi hotspot on 2 devices..and I have 4 unlimited lines ..so that's a load off my mind..

The signal around us sucks from most providers as well..lots of drop offs in the i10 area.. And that's just pathetic.. There are so many towers and other structures to chose from...having a gap down here is senseless..

jackiescivic

Diamond Member
Reaction score
I added a TMo line last week as a work phone for now. At my new house I get 5 bars with them and 1-3 with Verizon. At my moms house I get Edge data and 3 bars with TMo and 1-3 bars with LTE on Verizon. 5 minutes away I go back to LTE w/ TMo.
I am not surprised that Verizon isn't bringing back unlimited. People want it typically just because they don't want to worry about data overages, which I completely understand. But if you're paying attention to your usage, just choose the right plan.
Case in point, I had a customer over the weekend with AT&T who was interested in the unlimited plan. Turns out he was paying for the 20gb plan and using just under 5gb/month between his 3 lines. I saved him $30/month by switching to the 15gb plan instead.
My point is, the average person/family does not know how much data they average, nor do they even know how much they are paying for each month. I ask people about it 10x a day and get the same answer.
As far as people switching from Verizon, it is very rare that I see it. Lately, I have had an influx of people change from US Cellular to Verizon.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk