Verizon CFO Says One Third of Customers Already on Shared Data Plan.

dutchbastard

Reaction score
That's news to me. How long ago did you do the upgrade? When they first came out with Share Everything, I was told that even switching to tiered data by using an upgrade, I would lose the discount.

That was two weeks ago. All I know is, I have to keep the rest of my plan the same, so with 1400 minutes and unlimited txt and 2gb of data I was able to keep my discount.
I would call again and ask, because it's obvious not all reps are aware of this.

jpiarull

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z Force Droid
Twitter
jpiarull
What I can't understand is why Verizon can't offer data roll over that accrues unused data for subscribers until it hits a cap. This would eliminate overage concerns and Verizon would still be extremely profitable. I know I am playing devils advocate though that, it pisses me off unlimited will be phased out for good by 2014 but why couldn't they do something like that?

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Droid Forums

jseah

Reaction score
What I can't understand is why Verizon can't offer data roll over that accrues unused data for subscribers until it hits a cap. This would eliminate overage concerns and Verizon would still be extremely profitable. I know I am playing devils advocate though that, it pisses me off unlimited will be phased out for good by 2014 but why couldn't they do something like that?

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Droid Forums

Pure and simple. By offering rollover data, Verizon would be limiting their future potential revenues from overages. It's all about the money.

mykl376

Reaction score
I remember AOL back in the day, only had so many minutes each month, now it's basically unlimited with an "always on" connection. My home phone used to have limited long distance, remember all those 10-10-220, 1-800 commercials? Now domestic calling is unlimited. There used to be limits for texts and cell minutes, now the new thing is unlimited text and talk. It's obvious to me the caps will move where the revenue is, and that's data right now.

I would be ok with 8-10 gigs as long as my bill didn't go up exponentially, but 2 is just too little for me. My VZW contract isn't up until November, so I'll weigh my options then. Damn it if Verizon doesn't have the best coverage where I live though, and that's really the most important thing, right? The best phone with unlimited data and no signal = expensive paperweight.