verizon unlimited data petition (say no to buckets)

dcmodder

Reaction score
wannna have the option of paying for overages on your data usage? if not sign it keep verizon unlimited data plans - Petition Spot

i completely understand that this message seems like spam with my post only at 6 and my join date so recent but this is really important and i just thought our voice on this forum is important to verizion. make your voice heard!

Sam

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hmmm... No petition has ever been taken seriously that included so many capitalization errors. Unfortunately, when dealing with big companies like Verizon, nothing written like that will even get past the virtual "front desk" when you go to submit it. Professionalism will get you much more yardage when it comes to someone actually paying attention to your claim. The other side of this coin is that many people, like myself will look at it and realize (because of the aforementioned grammatical errors) that it won't go anywhere and not bother signing it..

I like what you are trying to do here though.. Maybe just proofread it before you take it to big red?

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Hmmm... No petition has ever been taken seriously that included so many capitalization errors. Unfortunately, when dealing with big companies like Verizon, nothing written like that will even get past the virtual "front desk" when you go to submit it. Professionalism will get you much more yardage when it comes to someone actually paying attention to your claim. The other side of this coin is that many people, like myself will look at it and realize (because of the aforementioned grammatical errors) that it won't go anywhere and not bother signing it..

I like what you are trying to do here though.. Maybe just proofread it before you take it to big red?

gonna have to agree, great idea, but somewhat flawed execution.

I do find it a hassle that we cannot bring our phones out of country without roaming or whatever. I have yet to go through this, but the idea of it is just a headache enough.

ntrddragn

Reaction score
Signed. Aside from the unprofessional format, I think it's still better then nothing. At least he is doing something about versus complaining about it and doing nothing.

JCo352

Reaction score
Yea I signed it, why not? I also posted it on Moto's, and VZDub's fb pages.

vmann32

Reaction score
I too signed it but if it makes them more money you could have a zillion signatures and they could care less.I signed it though cause none means "hey roll over me and rip me off".At least now while they roll us all over you can hear screams.=]

OP
dcmodder

dcmodder

Reaction score
bah fail on my part once it's signed it cannot be edited. closed due to fail. sorry for the wasted time guys.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
Negative churn is what will really convince them.

Darkseider

Reaction score
The only way to get the point across to VZW is to show them with your wallets. Leave them for another carrier that continues to offer unlimited data. Otherwise you will contribute to the problem.

Skull One

Reaction score
The only way to get the point across to VZW is to show them with your wallets. Leave them for another carrier that continues to offer unlimited data. Otherwise you will contribute to the problem.

AMEN!

Sheep will pay. They always do. Until the sheep stop, Verizon has no reason to listen to the noise.

r1nstang

Reaction score
if they do get rid of their unlimited data plans then they will just bite themselves in the ass. Too many companies out there offer unlimitied DP for $99 or much less. You'll be locked in to the unlimited till your contract expires. Then just threaten to change phone companies

mcatdtDroid

Reaction score
noone forces anyone to sign a contract..... so to then sign up for that contract under your own free will.... no 'ripoff' found.

Why doesn't someone just make a petition that says "Verizon shouldn't charge me anything because free is better than paying" Same thing

you want a service, you pay for it, if you don't want it, you don't pay it... pretty simple how capitalism works, isn't it.

BigMcGuire

Reaction score
That's why I went from T-Mobile to Verizon. Better 3g and better reception. And yes, I am paying quite a bit more but I'm happier with the service.

gloster

Reaction score
Unlimited plans cause strange carrier behavior. Examples from the past and present include charging for downloading photos, charging for Skype usage, general bans on VoiceOverIP usage, and locking out 3rd party navigation tools.

Personally, I think the quicker we get to reasonably-priced pay-by-the-byte plans the better off we will be. This doesn't mean I want to pay more. It means, I think we will see more rational pricing once this happens.

My prediction: all carriers will move to a pay-by-the-byte model within five years. My second prediction: most people will pay less per month as a result.

Big Cam

Reaction score
Show me something that says Verizon is working towards ditching unlimited plans.