Fml

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
if you can live without a cell for a week or so....them just call up add insurance....wait a week or two call up and say u dropped it and ran it over with your car by mistake on your driveway....:) ...that's how i got a new strom last yr when i forgot to add insurance ...

I didn't know insurance could be added after you had purchased your Droid for a certain period. I may look into this as I have no insurance and have thought this may have been a mistake for some time now.

Sam

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Dropped droid down my stairs, contemplating suicide...View attachment 4205

Ouch, I'm sorry dude.

Best bet at this point is to add a line to your account for $10/month and get a new phone for $200. It sucks and it's expensive, but it's cheaper than forking out $500-600 for a new one...

EBay maybe? There are some threads around here about buying them on EBay and not getting ripped off.

I feel your pain.

can't just add a line for 9.99, you have to switch to a family plan and then add a line. cheapest family plan is 99.99 (up from the 59.99 that i bet most of us have) so it's like paying another individual plan.. i think you might save ten bucks per month...

G_Neo

Reaction score
smithicide.gif

What really happened, is your Droid realized you were about to lose your balance and fall down the stairs. You didn't drop it -- it lept from your hands while pushing off of your body, all so you could regain the balance you didn't realize you were losing, saving you from suffering from the same fall.

Sacrifice itself for you: Droid Does.
classic!!! lmfao!!!!!!

I knew all that extra weight was for something. Thank you for your fat ass Mr. Droid!

bwahahhahaha!

huskur

Reaction score
if you can live without a cell for a week or so....them just call up add insurance....wait a week or two call up and say u dropped it and ran it over with your car by mistake on your driveway....:) ...that's how i got a new strom last yr when i forgot to add insurance ...

I didn't know insurance could be added after you had purchased your Droid for a certain period. I may look into this as I have no insurance and have thought this may have been a mistake for some time now.

I think its a 30 stipulation. As long as its under that i think they will still add it. I ALWAYS get insurance......because you never know.

My last BRAND NEW phone (Voyager) met its death in a port-o-potty at a zoo. I called because i had the insurance and got a new one....(they told me PLEASE what ever you do DON'T SEND IT BACK!!!) Pretty funny at the time.

FYI---it was so new....took my kids to the zoo right after we left the verizon store.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

I think its a 30 stipulation. As long as its under that i think they will still add it. I ALWAYS get insurance......because you never know.

My last BRAND NEW phone (Voyager) met its death in a port-o-potty at a zoo. I called because i had the insurance and got a new one....(they told me PLEASE what ever you do DON'T SEND IT BACK!!!) Pretty funny at the time.

FYI---it was so new....took my kids to the zoo right after we left the verizon store.

You mean 30 days since the purchase of the Droid? I've had mine way longer then that. Or 30 days before you can use the insurance?

Sam

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
i'm pretty sure you can add insurance at any time.. it goes back to you paying more money every month and verizon liking that about you.

huskur

Reaction score

You mean 30 days since the purchase of the Droid? I've had mine way longer then that. Or 30 days before you can use the insurance?

I think thirty days from date of purchase.

Sam seems to think you can add it at anytime. Pretty sure you cannot but it wouldn't hurt to call and find our since i am not 100%. Just remember being told once before that i couldn't do it. Call VZW and see.....inquiring minds want to know :)

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
IIRC there's at least one thread by a member who replaced his/her screen.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Sam seems to think you can add it at anytime. Pretty sure you cannot but it wouldn't hurt to call and find our since i am not 100%. Just remember being told once before that i couldn't do it. Call VZW and see.....inquiring minds want to know :)

I just sent an email out to them about it. As soon as I find out I'll let you know. It's either wait for an email or hold on line. :)

unix.punkx

Silver Member
Reaction score
I was told by a Verizon Tech (was interested in getting insurance when I got my Droid swapped out for a new one) that you can only get the insurance within the first 30 days of purchase. After that you can't get it (through Verizon)

MNTNBKR

Reaction score

I just sent an email out to them about it. As soon as I find out I'll let you know. It's either wait for an email or hold on line. :)

I was told by a Verizon Tech (was interested in getting insurance when I got my Droid swapped out for a new one) that you can only get the insurance within the first 30 days of purchase. After that you can't get it (through Verizon)

I tried to add insurance after my 30 days was up. It was like 35 days after I got my phone. I waited around because of the holidays (and because I was under the impression that if I had a working phone in good condition that there wouldn't be a problem adding insurance.) Anyway, I was declined. I even went up the ladder a few rungs because the first lady I talked to said she could probably add it, but would have to submit a petition and get back with me. I never heard back from her, so I called back and when all was said and done, they gave me the number for Asurion and said "good luck".

So basically, insurance probably won't be an option.

MNTNBKR

Reaction score

I tried to add insurance after my 30 days was up. It was like 35 days after I got my phone. I waited around because of the holidays (and because I was under the impression that if I had a working phone in good condition that there wouldn't be a problem adding insurance.) Anyway, I was declined. I even went up the ladder a few rungs because the first lady I talked to said she could probably add it, but would have to submit a petition and get back with me. I never heard back from her, so I called back and when all was said and done, they gave me the number for Asurion and said "good luck".

Well, fancy this:

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...erizonwireless-insurance-open-enrollment.html

I'll be calling in a few minutes to see if it real.

unix.punkx

Silver Member
Reaction score

Well, fancy this:

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...erizonwireless-insurance-open-enrollment.html

Omg, sweetness! I will be giving them a call after classes today. Thanks for this!

MNTNBKR

Reaction score

Well, fancy this:

Omg, sweetness! I will be giving them a call after classes today. Thanks for this!

I just got off the phone with them. Took about 3 minutes and I had insurance added. They offer you the most expensive package, but if you ask, there is a cheaper package available.

Total equipment package includes Asurion Insurance & Verizon extended warranty for $7.99/mo + $89 deductible.

Insurance only package (what I bought) is $6.00/mo + $89 deductible.

30 day waiting period before you can make a claim, and you are not billed for those first 30 days.