Flash!!! what does it do for the Droid...

jamestort

Reaction score
It helps in some areas but in most it does nothing...

I thought we would be able to stream more media.
can some one explain to me what flash does for our Droids..

as you can tell I am a knob....

harrellj

Reaction score
It allows us to see flash-based content (and I really hate restaurant sites that are in flash) without having to go to a full-blown compuyer. It'll also allow you to brag to iPhone people that they won't get it :p

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

dinamael

Reaction score
Droid + Flash + Comcast Xfinity = pretty much any TV show on my phone.

That seems like a lot to me. :)

It helps in some areas but in most it does nothing...

I thought we would be able to stream more media.
can some one explain to me what flash does for our Droids..

as you can tell I am a knob....

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
It also allows you to see all those wonderful ads that were previously blocked. There's a way around that, if you're interested -- open the browser, tap the menu softkey, select more, select settings, then scroll till you see the plug-ins option. Select on-demand, and voila, you only see the Flash you want to.

It's a great addition -- more media, access to a few games that work without too much problem, and once more sites start optimizing for mobile content in their Flash content you'll see a lot more.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
It allows us to see flash-based content (and I really hate restaurant sites that are in flash) without having to go to a full-blown compuyer. It'll also allow you to brag to iPhone people that they won't get it :p

Don't forget you can turn that down to an "as needed basis" by going to your browser settings, enable scripts and set if for "as needed."

If you haven't done that already. :)

LT*

Reaction score
Droid + Flash + Comcast Xfinity = pretty much any TV show on my phone.

That seems like a lot to me. :)

I just tried this combo, and I got to the "starting playback" prompt, and then it just hung. I'm on 3g, so that may be it. I'll try on wifi later and see how that goes.

harrellj

Reaction score
Oh, Dolphin had that st by default for me. No, I'm also grumbling about prior to getting flash, being unable to navigate menus on restaurant sites to see their food menus.

Sal

Reaction score

Don't forget you can turn that down to an "as needed basis" by going to your browser settings, enable scripts and set if for "as needed."

If you haven't done that already. :)

Is that the "on demand" option under "enable plug-ins"? What am I losing by not keeping that at "always on"?

Sal

Reaction score
You losing all them wonderful flash based ads, May want to reconsider.

Wouldn't want to miss those!:)

Re: Comcast Xfinity. If I only have Comcast cable TV but not their internet/phone services, can I still get the programming on my Droid?

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
I use Firefox at home and have had their Flashblocker add-on for some time. It's amazing how many sites use Flash for even small things, like uploading pictures on Facebook.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
I use Firefox at home and have had their Flashblocker add-on for some time. It's amazing how many sites use Flash for even small things, like uploading pictures on Facebook.
Eww! Facebook! :)

Yeah, sites are terrible about it. On the other hand, I'd rather know and have the control. That's me, though.

sarxx529

Reaction score
When I go to xfinity tv to play a show it hangs up on starting playback. How do I get it to play?