Finally got a piece of the pie

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Looks like we moving up in the world as we finally have a spot at the df table. I thought all the DF VZW customers were bitter because we have a nexus and they do not (we don't count the galaxy nexus as no one not even google want to lay claim to that fiasco).

It's OK you have a right to be angry VZW continues to deprive you guys of awesome devices.

Last edited:

UltraDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 3, straight stock
I honestly don't think it's Verizon actively *depriving* their users of Nexus phones - it's a case of VZ isn't being offered the phones by Google. The reason for that is self evident.

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I honestly don't think it's Verizon actively *depriving* their users of Nexus phones - it's a case of VZ isn't being offered the phones by Google. The reason for that is self evident.

I hear you but, the nexus 5 is available for sprint (which is CDMA like VZW), T-Mobile, At&t, or any other unlocked character. Vzw could have easily given the keys to add VZW radio info but VZW instead wants to control every device on their network to the point oems have to give them the device so they can control it all and put their stamp on it. Well we saw what happened with the galaxy nexus, VZW basically interrupted the process of timely updates and stripped away some Google apps. The galaxy nexus might as well been a galaxy s2 developer edition phone because it was not a nexus at least not in the same sense that the nexus 4,5,7 and 10 is.

But you right VZW was not invited to the party, and that was because the last time they came they made it known that they did not want to be there, tried to take over the party, acted snobbish, and kept everyone else from having a good time. So VZW know they do not want to be there, Google knows they do not want to be there so whether Google left them off the guest list or VZW declined the invitation is a matter of who you ask either way the end result will be the same in that Verizon will not be at the party.

Unfortunately for VZW customers they have to suffer the consequences. Thankfully Motorola ( who used to be the main reason people wanted a nexus because of blur and their locked bootloaders) has become the new alternative for those who can not get a nexus or google play device on Verizon.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2