Finally a battery that lasts!

brobox

Reaction score
I took advantage the the "free" Black Friday S4 phones yesterday and retired the RAZR. Best Buy was a joke, so I did the Walmart deal, $99. for the phone and get a $100. gift card I have been on the S4 all day setting it up, the S4 still has 72% battery remaining. The RAZR would have been on the charge twice by now. What an improvement the S4 is over the RAZR from what I can see so far. The only problem I see, is what am I going to do with all of the extra chargers? :biggrin:

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
Congrats on the new phone...tie them chargers together and string some holiday lights...LOL

silverfang77

Reaction score
What battery are you using? I can see my bleed away by the percent.

OP
B

brobox

Reaction score

Stock right out of the box. Started setting the phone up at 9:30AM and played with it all day, at 4PM still had 72% battery. The RAZR I could watch the battery meter drop by the minute. The S4 is currently at 67% where the RAZR would have been screaming "low battery" a long time ago.

bbtkd

Reaction score

Then you've got an issue. I came from the Bionic with extended battery, and the S4 lasts much longer. You probably have an app or service sucking down your battery. First, do a battery pull for at least 1 minute. Next, I'd suggest installing Gsam Battery Monitor (Pro), System Panel Lite, and OS Monitor. Those three apps will give you the tools necessary to track down battery drain and plenty of other issues. On mine, I note that after I use Chrome, it keeps running and using CPU power. Every time I'm done with Chrome I use System Panel Lite to force stop it. You'll want to make sure that things like Google sync or Email apps are not syncing too frequently, and you'll want to make sure the screen is not running at full brightness. I have an app called Wi-fi Matic that only turns on Wifi when you are within range of cell sites surrounding places you want Wifi, such as work and home. It learns which Wifi's you want it to automatically connect to. Otherwise it is off.

tommyg562000

Reaction score
Then you've got an issue. I came from the Bionic with extended battery, and the S4 lasts much longer. You probably have an app or service sucking down your battery. First, do a battery pull for at least 1 minute. Next, I'd suggest installing Gsam Battery Monitor (Pro), System Panel Lite, and OS Monitor. Those three apps will give you the tools necessary to track down battery drain and plenty of other issues. On mine, I note that after I use Chrome, it keeps running and using CPU power. Every time I'm done with Chrome I use System Panel Lite to force stop it. You'll want to make sure that things like Google sync or Email apps are not syncing too frequently, and you'll want to make sure the screen is not running at full brightness. I have an app called Wi-fi Matic that only turns on Wifi when you are within range of cell sites surrounding places you want Wifi, such as work and home. It learns which Wifi's you want it to automatically connect to. Otherwise it is off.

I've been looking for an app jusy like wifi matic!!! Thanks for mentioning it!

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

lgalcarte

Reaction score
The GS4 is the first smartphone I've had where I haven't had to buy the extended battery to get through the day! With the Droid, Bionic, and replacement Nexus I had to have the extended battery, which added extra bulk to the phones. I LOVE having a regular size phone with the ability to get all the cool cases for it. dancedroid

Neoart

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
S4 White SCH1545
GPS app can take away battery behind the scenes as well as BlueTooth.

jeffe65

Reaction score

The two biggest culprits on my S4 are GPS & WiFi. I turn off both of them when I'm at work or otherwise don't need them. If you turn off WiFi, don't forget to toggle off the the scan settings first, or it will keep turning back on.

DroidMomof9

Reaction score
Bro Box I TOTALLY agree with you.... I just got mine at Sam's Club and came from the Razr.... I could not believe when I got my phone Sat morning and it had about 50% battery power.... thought this is going to last maybe half the day..... I did not even have to charge it very long that evening for a full charge. With the razr, I had to leave it on the charger all night, because if I took it off with a full charge and forgot to plug it in - it would be almost dead by morning.....

I charge the S4 for a few hours and use it all day long and it still is going strong.... NOT that I am very far from a charger, but it is so different now! LOL