S4 battery

bsghs02

Reaction score
So I've had my Verizon S4 since day 1 when it came out, noticed a battery drain slowly getting worse the last month or so, just figured it was in my head. Today it had been charging all last night, took it off the charger at 100% to get ready for work, an hour later it's at 83% after no usage! I had enough, talked to Samsung support who had me verify the water damage indicators weren't triggered, which they weren't. Then they had me wipe the cache partition, booted at 88%, then after 3 minutes of a normal boot it was at 85%. So the rep said theres a problem, and then had me boot it to safe mode. So was in safe mode at 85% 3 minutes later it's at 83%. Rep said it's acting normal and that it's not the battery, so do a factory reset. My response was uh no, a 3% drain you said there's a problem, and a 2% drain means it's fine? Lol BS! Waste of 30+ minutes.

Then I talked to Verizon, they checked the local towers to see if maybe they were acting goofy, causing my phone to search for signal too often, but ended up being fine. Asked if the battery was bulging, it wasn't..... I told them about my chat with Samsung, and 5 minutes later I'm at the Verizon store with a new battery in my phone.

Anyone else having battery issues like that with their S4? I know the European version was having battery replacements, wasn't sure about the US.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Droid Forums

Neoart

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
S4 White SCH1545
If your location was listed - why it's not - why not -
maybe there's a tip -

Coulterjosh

Reaction score
So I've had my Verizon S4 since day 1 when it came out, noticed a battery drain slowly getting worse the last month or so, just figured it was in my head. Today it had been charging all last night, took it off the charger at 100% to get ready for work, an hour later it's at 83% after no usage! I had enough, talked to Samsung support who had me verify the water damage indicators weren't triggered, which they weren't. Then they had me wipe the cache partition, booted at 88%, then after 3 minutes of a normal boot it was at 85%. So the rep said theres a problem, and then had me boot it to safe mode. So was in safe mode at 85% 3 minutes later it's at 83%. Rep said it's acting normal and that it's not the battery, so do a factory reset. My response was uh no, a 3% drain you said there's a problem, and a 2% drain means it's fine? Lol BS! Waste of 30+ minutes.

Then I talked to Verizon, they checked the local towers to see if maybe they were acting goofy, causing my phone to search for signal too often, but ended up being fine. Asked if the battery was bulging, it wasn't..... I told them about my chat with Samsung, and 5 minutes later I'm at the Verizon store with a new battery in my phone.

Anyone else having battery issues like that with their S4? I know the European version was having battery replacements, wasn't sure about the US.

might be time for a new battery

bbtkd

Reaction score

So..........................did the new battery resolve the problem????????????????????????????????????????

OP
B

bsghs02

Reaction score
Yes it fixed it.