Files (App that came with Bionic)

Harrybub

Reaction score
Anyone know how I can get it back? It was a quick and easy way to navigate between the internal and external storage.

I tried extracting it from a backup before 1.7 and putting in system and setting permissions and re-booting but it doesn't show up. Tried clicking on the app and installing it but no joy there either.

billystorms24

Reaction score
Go to *********** type "files .apk" in the search they should have it

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

OP
Harrybub

Harrybub

Reaction score
Thanks but when I go there I only see one named My Files 1.0.0. I downloaded that one but when I try to install it I just get a ""Not installed" message. I'm stumped.

And yes, I do have "Unknown Sources" checked.

Versatile1

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I believe there is a bionic system dump over on xda it should have it

Psychlone

Reaction score
I'm also looking for the original "Files" app.
Previously, I've been an avid Astro, RootExplorer and eStrongs FileManager user, but after using the simplistic "Files" that came with our Bionic, I really fell in love. I fully understand that it's about 1/6 of what any of the others can do, but it was just so quick and easy...

I'm also looking for the original "Tasks" manager from our Bionics.

If ANYONE could point us directly to the right page or thread, we would appreciate it! I looked at no less than 30 pages over at XDA under the Bionic forums, but came up empty-handed for either of those...

Thanks in advance (and apologies for the semi-thread-hijack)

gsDroid

Reaction score
Thanks for the link! I got it and extracted the filemanager apk. Put it in system/apps and set permissions. It now shows up but force closes. Can't figure out what I'm doing wrong.
Try booting into recovery, wipe cache, clear dalvik and boot back into Android. It will take longer to boot due to rebuilding dalvik.

OP
Harrybub

Harrybub

Reaction score
Try booting into recovery, wipe cache, clear dalvik and boot back into Android. It will take longer to boot due to rebuilding dalvik.

Thanks for the suggestion but no joy there either. I'm stumped...