File Explorer

JOSHSKORN

Reaction score
I updated my MAXX to 4.1.2 "unofficially" and lost everything. I cannot seem to figure out what app this was that I had on my phone but I loved it.

Basically, it was a file explorer. The Home screen allowed me to choose between my Internal Storage, SD Card and I can't remember other options, as I'm sure there were a couple more.

I'm going nuts looking at other File Explorers and I can't seem to find something that worked the same. I'm wondering if this was an ICS File Explorer or what. Every other File Explorer I can see will allow me to navigate to each path, but when looking at my SD Card, I want something more straight forward. I've figured out that sdcard0 is internal storage, and sdcard1 is the SD Card, but trying to find exactly where each folder is and navigating to them without the convenience of a mouse and monitor or file tree to click on is a PITA. Please help if you can. Thanks.

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
Es file explorer? Root explorer?

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

OP
J

JOSHSKORN

Reaction score
Es file explorer? Root explorer?

Neither. I never had root access so not root manager. ES File Explorer's home screen puts me on /sdcard0/. Definitely neither of these two. I actually installed ES File Explorer to see if it'd do what I wanted, and it doesn't. I also went to My Apps from Google play to see what I haven't re-installed. No luck there either.

EDIT: Sorry, found it. It was probably already on my phone and I didn't know it, simply called "Files".

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
Ah, Lol yes that comes stock with the phone. ;)

OP
J

JOSHSKORN

Reaction score
Ah, Lol yes that comes stock with the phone. ;)

Thanks for trying, though! LOL. ES File Explorer looks pretty neat, I have to say, but I wish the other File Explorers all had that same or similar home screen that Files does. I mean, if I wanted to fight paths all day long I'd dig out my old TRASH-80 and play with DOS commands again.

cybertj.2000

Reaction score
Is there a file explorer on the Droid Maxx?

If not, suggestions on the best ones!!

Sent from my Droid Maxx!!!

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
There is a file manager/explorer on every Android devices I've seen but sometimes the names are different. I suggest ES File Explorer. Does a lot more than just manage files.

cybertj.2000

Reaction score
I figured there was, but on my old phone there was an App called files which would let me explore my files on my phone, this was a system file, can't find it on my Maxx

Sent from my Droid Maxx!!!

donzz

Reaction score
Huh, there isn't a file manager app. Guess I'll have to download Astro. That's what I used on my original Droid.

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
I assure you there is one, My Files is one icon you should look for. They all have an icon that looks like a folder.

unbesorgt

Reaction score
I'm using Root Explorer. And no, there isn't a native file manager with the new Droids.

doogald

Reaction score
There is a file explorer, but it's in a weird place - it's in the QuickOffice app. QuickOffice, browse, SD Card.

If you are going to use a third party app like Astro, just make sure that you are working in the storage location /storage/emulated/0. There is a storage location called /sdcard and it looks like it has your files, but any operations performed there (renames, moves, deletes, etc.) do not work.

JP 5.56

Reaction score
I can confirm mine came with nothing other than the file manager included with quickoffice.

I prefer ASTRO anyway.