1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

File Explorer

Discussion in 'Droid RAZR MAXX' started by JOSHSKORN, Jan 8, 2013.

1. JOSHSKORN

JOSHSKORN Member

I updated my MAXX to 4.1.2 "unofficially" and lost everything. I cannot seem to figure out what app this was that I had on my phone but I loved it.

Basically, it was a file explorer. The Home screen allowed me to choose between my Internal Storage, SD Card and I can't remember other options, as I'm sure there were a couple more.

I'm going nuts looking at other File Explorers and I can't seem to find something that worked the same. I'm wondering if this was an ICS File Explorer or what. Every other File Explorer I can see will allow me to navigate to each path, but when looking at my SD Card, I want something more straight forward. I've figured out that sdcard0 is internal storage, and sdcard1 is the SD Card, but trying to find exactly where each folder is and navigating to them without the convenience of a mouse and monitor or file tree to click on is a PITA. Please help if you can. Thanks.
  2. GoCliffGo05

GoCliffGo05 Developer Relations Staff Member Premium Member

Es file explorer? Root explorer?

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2
  3. JOSHSKORN

JOSHSKORN Member

Neither. I never had root access so not root manager. ES File Explorer's home screen puts me on /sdcard0/. Definitely neither of these two. I actually installed ES File Explorer to see if it'd do what I wanted, and it doesn't. I also went to My Apps from Google play to see what I haven't re-installed. No luck there either.

EDIT: Sorry, found it. It was probably already on my phone and I didn't know it, simply called "Files".
  4. GoCliffGo05

GoCliffGo05 Developer Relations Staff Member Premium Member

Ah, Lol yes that comes stock with the phone. ;)

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2
  5. JOSHSKORN

JOSHSKORN Member

Thanks for trying, though! LOL. ES File Explorer looks pretty neat, I have to say, but I wish the other File Explorers all had that same or similar home screen that Files does. I mean, if I wanted to fight paths all day long I'd dig out my old TRASH-80 and play with DOS commands again.
Search tags for this page

droid dna file explorer

droid maxx file manager

droid maxx stock file manager

droid razr stock file explorer
es file explorer file manager for x2 02
file explorer x2-02
file xpore x2-02 sd luck

motorola droid maxx file browser

motorola droid razr file explorer
razr maxx 4.1.2 lost file manager

x202 root explorer