file copy via usb problems ...

zero7404

Reaction score
anyone else have issues with copying files to/from their g-nex ? i've noticed a few times that my windows explorer freezes .... i'm getting 'unexpected error' copying some files, and once when i tried to copy everything in the sdcard directory it stopped copying after some arbitrary time ....

i'm confident my machine doesn't have any issues, usb ports are good and i'm using the samsung cable ....

is this normal with the MTP protocol ? i've noticed it's limited in functionality, when something is being transferred i can't copy or move anything else until it's done. it's critical for me to save the contents of sdcard onto my pc .... yesterday i did a stock reflash using wug's toolkit and found that it deleted everything in the sdcard folder, which i wasn't expecting.

also, i can't use synctoy with the g-nex, which is another minus for this MTP protocol.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Sounds like it could be a driver issue, try reinstalling the drivers.

OP
zero7404

zero7404

Reaction score
i installed them thru wugs toolkit ... dont experience a problem when i use the toolkit, but ill reinstall with the latest toolkit ... thanks

posted via android ....

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
It could just be those specific files, but I'm not sure as to why the Nexus won't transfer in/out certain files.

Dark Lazer

Reaction score
I remember this being an issue when the Nexus was released. There were a few threads about it. Don't know how it got fixed, but eventually it just started transferring fine. Wish I could be of more help.