Having Trouble Copying Files to Galaxy Nexus From Computer Via USB

Big Ry

Reaction score
I'm having a hell of a time copying files too. I've tried all settings mentioned here. Sometimes it copies, sometimes it doesn't. Its driving me insane!!! :mad: Trying a reboot now

cjriddle22

Reaction score
The only way I could get it to stop acting crazy, was to do a factory data reset. If you're rooted just make sure that you have the permanent cwm installed, because I didn't and it totally formatted my internal storage. Lost everything I had to basically start over.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

Big Ry

Reaction score
The only way I could get it to stop acting crazy, was to do a factory data reset. If you're rooted just make sure that you have the permanent cwm installed, because I didn't and it totally formatted my internal storage. Lost everything I had to basically start over.

i just rooted it like an hour ago. shouldnt it have CWM installed if its rooted? this is BS. i cant believe i have to factory reset the damn thing when its not even finished restoring from the last factory reset!!! :mad::mad::mad:

cjriddle22

Reaction score
i just rooted it like an hour ago. shouldnt it have CWM installed if its rooted? this is BS. i cant believe i have to factory reset the damn thing when its not even finished restoring from the last factory reset!!! :mad::mad::mad:

Having it rooted and having clockwork mod installed are two different things. You get the cwm recovery from the app rom manager. This allows you to make backups and restores in the future. Having your phone rooted just allows this process to happen.

flyinion

Reaction score

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
For those having issues with MTP, just go to notifications, click on "Connected as a media device" tap, and change it to a PTP dervice.

Load drivers and you should then be ok, as PTP is for systems that do not support MTP.

davidwar

Reaction score
copying files

Well, this is one problem I am not having, at least with music files. Hooked the Nexus up via USB. My Windows 7 picked it up right away and automatically installed some drivers. Just highlighted and copied about 50 songs over to the phone. PC did give me a message about each song, saying the device might not play them, but they did play on the phone once they were copied over.

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
For those having issues with MTP, just go to notifications, click on "Connected as a media device" tap, and change it to a PTP dervice.

Load drivers and you should then be ok, as PTP is for systems that do not support MTP.

Already tried that, still fail!

rruready

Reaction score
I'm not sure if you're talking about different files but i just used Airdroid and transferred all my music, and photos with no problem unless i missed a post about it being something else?
Question for ya...how do you transfer folders using Airdroid? It only allows me to select multiple files, not folders. Thanks.

pool_shark

Reaction score
This is so weird. I copied the contents of my entire SDcard from my Droid X to my PC, then to my Nexus using USB on Windows 7 and did not have a single problem. I copied docs, txt files, pics, movies, and music.

alienware777

Reaction score
When were done with copying files do we just unplug the phone? On the D1 we had to tell it to unconnect first, but I don't see anything like that.

cjriddle22

Reaction score
This is so weird. I copied the contents of my entire SDcard from my Droid X to my PC, then to my Nexus using USB on Windows 7 and did not have a single problem. I copied docs, txt files, pics, movies, and music.

Yeah, it appears to be hit or miss. I couldn't get anything to copy. Then I did a factory reset, because I had literally done everything in my power to try and copy files. I couldn't even copy from the nexus, let alone copy to it. After the factory data reset, everything works like it should. Not sure what is different.

maguiz

Reaction score
Today, I can see the drive on my PC, but I can not see any files in it or can not copy files into it. I am using as PPT option.
I tried all the options like usb debugging on/stay awake while charging etc. I even reloaded the samsung drivers. All no use.
It freezed my pc couple of times also. Not access the PC folder.

Any help???

Maguiz

OP
b-jammin21

b-jammin21

Reaction score
Okay, so I guess I am having problems with the drivers after all. I tried installing the drivers from the samsung website, but it keeps failing for the MTP driver.

Windows 7 x64. Any suggestions? I really need help with this....:mad:

EDIT: FOUND THE FIX!!!! Sweet. I figured out that my drivers were not saved in the correct location. Here's what I did.

1. Download the driver from the Samsung website.
2. Place the driver file in the following location Computer\\D:\\drivers\\Audio\\W7-64

When I placed the driver in that location, the driver downloaded successfully. I then tried copying over some pictures and it happened literally instantaneously. Hope this works for others as well as it did me!

Last edited: