FCC Docs & Pics of Droid Bionic Revealed!!

Reaction score
The screen technology is inferior, you said it yourself they used pentile to save on battery life, which sacrifices screen quality. Look at the DX2 and tell me that's a nice screen, it has terrible colors.

You say I'm putting down the phone, but I'm just explaining the facts about the phone. You only think it's "putting it down" because I don't just blindly praise a device because I like a company.

Should we only mention the good things about a phone? Then what happens when someone comes here for information and thinks wow this phone is amazing and pays money for something based on biased advice and is disappointed(not talking about the Bionic specifically)

I can see why most people have stopped trying to explain anything to anyone, it's pointless. No one wants to hear what's true, they just want nonsense thrown at them.

I give up.

The facts remain, all that we think we know about this fun has been leaked information... Everything. There has never been hard evidence of the specs givin by Moto or Vzw. Arguing about a phone be better than or not really can't even be done at this point.

SwiftLegend

Reaction score
So you want me to be more specific... the screen is worse. The CPU is slower. Its still not released. It uses an inferior OS. Its camera needs an app to take proper photos.

Last time I checked, the Bionic will run 2.3.3, the same as what the GS2 runs -.- Oh and btw, the TI OMAP is actually faster than the SG2's Exynos.

Here's an article. LG Optimus 3D has a 4.3" screen with 480x800 and the GS2 has a 4.27" screen with 480x800

SwiftLegend

Reaction score
So you want me to be more specific... the screen is worse. The CPU is slower. Its still not released. It uses an inferior OS. Its camera needs an app to take proper photos.

Last time I checked, the Bionic will run 2.3.3, the same as what the GS2 runs -.- Oh and btw, the TI OMAP is actually faster than the SG2's Exynos.

Here's an article. LG Optimus 3D has a 4.3" screen with 480x800 and the GS2 has a 4.27" screen with 480x800
Forgot to mention that the LG Optimus 3D was on Froyo when the test was done, and the GS2 was running Gingerbread. Even the Optimus 2x beat the SG2. (Has a Tegra 2)

i3izkit12

Reaction score
I've read about 15 pages of bickering about which phone is better but imho either phone will absolutely be more than adequate for any person using them, and the difference in specs obviously isn't going to be noticeable with normal day to day use. In the end it depends on which one you like more when you first pick it up in the store. Stuff like form factor, button layout, weight, (and probably dev support) should be the greatest influence on which one you choose because honestly taking the time to see which phone has a processor that can be clocked a fraction faster is a waste of time. No one will be disappointed with either phone the day they pick it up.

Wonmotyme

Reaction score
Just to clear the air so no one is misinformed! Samsung went back and put a 1.2ghz dual core processor into the phone, so the benchmark testing was from an earlier model of the phone. Just saying, Google is everyone's friend. Helps to do your homework before going to debate class people! Good debating to you all and catch ya next time. Peace!

I wasn't going to do the homework for you but here ya go against my better judgement.

http://www.intomobile.com/2011/05/16/review-samsung-galaxy-s-2/

Das one hella Bamf ta knock the 3 sense in ya!

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState
Works fine for me... ???? Its DEF a 4.3" screen and 1ghz clocked processor.
Where does it say a screen size?

This is taken from the Manual from the FCC Report..

2.jpg

Natey2

Reaction score
Will the Bionic or the GS2 reboot on its own like my DroidX does at times? You know, like when I use Google Maps Navigation?

Sent from my unrooted DroidX using DroidForums app.

INCREMENTAL

Reaction score
Thin and sexy = no LTE.

That's not true, look at the Bionic's radio, it fits in the chin of the bionic, it's been a complete rumor that the 4G LTE radio is large.

I thought Moto designed their own LTE chip after the problems with the Tegra 2 deal? So maybe they can get theirs in a thinner area???

Sent from my Moto Droid

INCREMENTAL

Reaction score
Works fine for me... ???? Its DEF a 4.3" screen and 1ghz clocked processor.
Where does it say a screen size?
Looks a little tall to be a 4.3

capturenq.png

That's what I was thanking, if half the manual is wrong about the camera and some things, who says the screen size ain't wrong u know. I just wanna know everyones thoughts on the pics of it aside the charge cause I got 20/20 vision and its bigger then the charge for sure. I thank everyone can see that.

Sent from my Moto Droid

das2042

Reaction score
Guys we can speculate all we want, but until something gets officially released by moto none of us know anything. I mean there are too many discrepancies between what we already know as fact and what's in that dated manual. I for one am getting more excited by the day for this phone because I believe moto wants another iPhone killer. I think it'll be as cutting edge as the original d1. Hell it might even be able to bake a loaf of bread in the hump...we can only hope.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums