[Updated] More Info & Pics from Bionic FCC Filing: Inductive Battery Cover & More

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
bionic-inductive-battery.jpg

After digging deeper into the recently leaked FCC filing of the Motorola Droid Bionic, some more pics have surfaced, as well as some more info. First, from what can be gleaned, the Bionic will not be a Global phone, as it doesn't include the GSM radio. Also, the phone will probably come included with an inductive charging back cover. Furthermore, it appears that the device will not be able to have simultaneous 3G Data and Voice, unfortunately. On the brighter side we have some more pics for you to drool over including the inductive back cover above, and a top and bottom of the phone pic below.

no-simultaneous-3g-voice-data.png

top-bottom-droid-bionic.jpg

[Updated:] Here are some new pics of the Bionic that were just leaked, and these are "in the wild" instead of from the FCC:

bionic-front.jpg

bionic-back.jpg

Here's the GottaBeMobile.com Source link to view a couple of side pics as well.

Source: BionicForums.net via Droid-Life

Last edited:

phatkat66

Reaction score
what exactly does that mean no 3g + voice? Are we stuck using LTE 4g constantly? What happens to those ppl that want this phone but don't have 4g in their area yet?

ConqSoft

Reaction score
what exactly does that mean no 3g + voice? Are we stuck using LTE 4g constantly? What happens to those ppl that want this phone but don't have 4g in their area yet?

If means that if you're using 3g you can't talk and use data at the same time. With 4g, you can do both.

Some phones, like the Thunderbolt can do it with 3g also because they have multiple antennas to handle it.

phatkat66

Reaction score
oh so its pretty much like most phones besides atnt commercial bragging about it. That's not a biggie i thought it was something huge.

R

RETG

Strange, the FCC filing of the owner's manual states....(manual number 1)

"MOTOROLA XT875​
Stay connected, organize your life, and absolutely own
the web with MOTOROLA XT875!​
•​
Surf the web with a blistering fast 1 GHz dual-core
processor. 4G LTE connectivity gives you download
speeds up to 10x faster than before.

Use your smartphone in over 200 countries.
International roaming lets you make calls and stay in

touch wherever you travel."

https://fjallfoss.fcc.gov/oetcf/eas...me=N&application_id=805726&fcc_id='IHDT56MX1'

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
How well/long does inductive charging work? Could I place it on the pad and talk on speakerphone indefinitely?

Seems kind of like another [mostly] useless accessory, although it might be nice if it is a standard that can be used across devices (ever take an inventory of how many freaking chargers you have for all your electronics?!?). But it seems like the micro-USB is becoming fairly standard.

Even then, while it might be nice for home I still need a portable charger or two for travel and the car.

JohnAP2

Reaction score
Glad I jumped in with the Thunderbolt. This phone isn't anything better...

faganm24

Reaction score
How well/long does inductive charging work? Could I place it on the pad and talk on speakerphone indefinitely?

Seems kind of like another [mostly] useless accessory, although it might be nice if it is a standard that can be used across devices (ever take an inventory of how many freaking chargers you have for all your electronics?!?). But it seems like the micro-USB is becoming fairly standard.

Even then, while it might be nice for home I still need a portable charger or two for travel and the car.

Wireless Power Consortium - Creating the Standard for Wireless Charging - Wireless Power Consortium

This is that standard that Verizon is currently implementing with their wireless backs. As long as you have a battery cover and pad that are both Qi, it will work.

They have numerous companies backing the standard. However it is not the only standard that is being developed. It is different than Powermat.

Wireless Power Consortium - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Suuperflie

Reaction score
Glad I jumped in with the Thunderbolt. This phone isn't anything better...

Keep telling yourself that. I have rarely rarely rarely ever thought, "man, I wish I had 3g voice + data because I really need to look this up while I'm on the phone". Granted, it would be nice to have it "just in case", but to say the Bionic is no better than the TB because it doesn't have 3g voice + data really sounds like you're trying to play a Jedi mind trick on yourself.

Malkavian

Reaction score
HTC Vigor and 3g+Voice

I wonder if the HTC Vigor has 3g and voice and will it be a global phone? That is the other phone I'm looking at.

y0manda

Reaction score
oh so its pretty much like most phones besides atnt commercial bragging about it. That's not a biggie i thought it was something huge.

It is huge! Have you ever been on a phone call and needed to search something to find the answer and wish you didn't have to hang up? What about receive and send text messages during voice calls? The thunderbolt is great for multi tasking.