Fastest/Best Launcher for RAZR MAXX HD w/ JB?

pksopp

Reaction score
Would be interested in suggestions - I like a super clean desktop with only one page (swipe left or right opens the camera) and small, customized Widgetsoid toggles. GoLauncher was great on ICS but lagged after the JB update. Trying ADW now, which is better speedwise but not for looks...stupid blue line :p

What's your favorite?

My MAXX HD is stock with the OTA update, if that matters.

Screenshot_2012-12-14-18-00-15.png

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
My favorite would have to be Nova or Apex.

Lucas5

Reaction score
Try Action Launcher Pro. If that doesn't appeal to you than either Nova or Apex.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Try Action Launcher Pro. If that doesn't appeal to you than either Nova or Apex.

I like nova or apex as well. Using it on my note 2 running jb and prefer it to stock tw launcher

motty69

Reaction score
I prefer Apex but Nova is pretty good too. I used to like Go Launcher but it just looks kinda dated to me anymore.

Sent from my RAZR MAXX HD

OP
pksopp

pksopp

Reaction score
I prefer Apex but Nova is pretty good too. I used to like Go Launcher but it just looks kinda dated to me anymore.

Apex seems to work quite well, is it truly impossible to hide all tabs in the app drawer, though? Nitpicking, I know :)

mgrande

Reaction score
Can you use the circles widget with any of them now? I know I couldn't with ICS when I tried.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

motty69

Reaction score
Apex seems to work quite well, is it truly impossible to hide all tabs in the app drawer, though? Nitpicking, I know :)

I have the paid version and have all but the "apps" tab hidden. I thought you could hide tabs in the free version too, but I'm not 100% sure.

OP
pksopp

pksopp

Reaction score
I have the paid version and have all but the "apps" tab hidden. I thought you could hide tabs in the free version too, but I'm not 100% sure.

Nope...but glad to know the paid version doesn't help :)
Honestly, I only use it sporadically, my frequent apps are in custom widgets.

OP
pksopp

pksopp

Reaction score
Can you use the circles widget with any of them now? I know I couldn't with ICS when I tried.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

Not that I've seen.

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
Try Lightning Launcher. It has an infinite screen. You can put as much as want on the screen but keep it all out of site. Take a look at the video demo in the play store. Right now its easily my favorite launcher and I've used most of them.

Sent from my HTC Rezound using Droid Forums

rrockich

Reaction score
nova launcher is a no va ("no go") on Maxx HD

I would stay AWAY from nova as I have had it cause instability issues on my phone (running JB and latest VZW ota update) and have read many other threads where people had the same issues, uninstalled it (like I did), and system instability was gone ... Never to return. Specifically; the phone would often lock up and stay frozen and/or reboot. Word to the wise: stay away from Nova in this instance!

jackiescivic

Diamond Member
Reaction score
I'm not going to use Nova any longer because I don't get the Circles widget, and I like having the quick access to settings by sliding the screen to the right. It was great on ICS though