Factory Reset - itis?

mountaineerndixie

Reaction score
Just curious because I know that these smartphones have become more like megaportable laptop pc's anymore and the lure of adding and deleting apps and changing settings is very strong. I know I seem to change and experiment much more than actually use the phone to communicate.

So, I was just wondering how many of you out there do this sort of experimentation for a while until you just end up doing a factory reset and starting over?

I was considering it today but with the hope of the 2.2 OTA possibly this week I think I'm gonna give them a chance first.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Just curious because I know that these smartphones have become more like megaportable laptop pc's anymore and the lure of adding and deleting apps and changing settings is very strong. I know I seem to change and experiment much more than actually use the phone to communicate.

So, I was just wondering how many of you out there do this sort of experimentation for a while until you just end up doing a factory reset and starting over?

I was considering it today but with the hope of the 2.2 OTA possibly this week I think I'm gonna give them a chance first.

Don't know what you're running but a factory data reset won't change the OS you're currently running. It will clean everything up and have you sign back into Google. But if you are running a ROM or are rooted it won't change that.