Facebook & the Eris

Sappie

Reaction score
I did a search and didn't find any thing really informational.

What my question is, is how do I get my Facebook Notifications to show up when I get them? Right now I only get "notificiations" of people who change their information or birthdays or events. Not notifications if people say respond to my status. Too see if I have any new notifications I have to either go into the widget or pull up the App I downloaded from the Market. It's a minor annoyance but one I'm willing to let go of once I know it's just not me and its just the way the Eris does things.

On my Blackberry when I got a notification I got a message on my FB App. I realize that I'm going to have to come off compairing my Eris to my BB but I haven't let go of what I'm used to. lol

starscream

Decepticon
Premium Member
Reaction score
I did a search and didn't find any thing really informational.

What my question is, is how do I get my Facebook Notifications to show up when I get them? Right now I only get "notificiations" of people who change their information or birthdays or events. Not notifications if people say respond to my status. Too see if I have any new notifications I have to either go into the widget or pull up the App I downloaded from the Market. It's a minor annoyance but one I'm willing to let go of once I know it's just not me and its just the way the Eris does things.

On my Blackberry when I got a notification I got a message on my FB App. I realize that I'm going to have to come off compairing my Eris to my BB but I haven't let go of what I'm used to. lol

this has been somewhat of a known problem...

try going to facebook (on your pc not phone) go to the account settings>notification settings> scroll way down and look for a "facebook for android" check box it might be in "show more" or whatever it says.. make sure its checked

OP
S

Sappie

Reaction score
Didn't work...I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app and rebooting my phone as well. =/ lol I have a serious case of OCD over this.

starscream

Decepticon
Premium Member
Reaction score
Didn't work...I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app and rebooting my phone as well. =/ lol I have a serious case of OCD over this.

yeah it is bothering me too lol sorry i should have stated that it didnt work for me either... haha

im right there with you.. not that it's hard to just go to the app and check for updates its just that it's suppose to work GRRRRrrrrrr...... LOL

Ive gone to Bloo facebook app for the notifications and just use the old widget...

its not what I want.. but it will work for now

OP
S

Sappie

Reaction score

yeah it is bothering me too lol sorry i should have stated that it didnt work for me either... haha

im right there with you.. not that it's hard to just go to the app and check for updates its just that it's suppose to work GRRRRrrrrrr...... LOL

Ive gone to Bloo facebook app for the notifications and just use the old widget...

its not what I want.. but it will work for now

and here I thought you had all the answers. hehehehe Good to know it's not only me. =P It's really no big deal, I'll adjust to this phone one day. Now maybe I'll just stay off my phone instead of running to it every 5 minutes when I get a notification. lol Thanks for your help. =D

beneharris

Reaction score
try using bloo (the beta one)

i think the facebook apps that are out for android just blow. bloo is actually really good and it notifys you of everything on time

OP
S

Sappie

Reaction score
Got the Bloo and I couldn't be happier. Thanks for the rec guys. =D Now that everything is working and I'm getting ALL of my notifications in real time persoanl and buisness email included I couldn't be happier with my phone...Blackberry what....? lol

PRince

Reaction score
Just to confirm.
Everyone is talking about the Bloo- Facebook 1.4.4 application or the Bloo - Native Facebook that costs $1