DROID CALENDAR on ERIS ?

geesh

Reaction score
Is there an app so I can get the calendar features of thE Driod on my Eris ? I need the re-occurring events option on my ERIS calender-and in color would be better yet ! :)

tyarbro13

Reaction score
to get the reocurring options add an event, then save it. then go back to the event and the option to have it repeat every week, month, days, etc will be there.

OP
G

geesh

Reaction score
"occur every 5 weeks on Wednesday"

Thank you for the reply, but my ERIS only has the following repeat options.. Daily
Every Weekday(Mon-Fri)
Weekly (every Friday)
Monthly (every first Friday)
Monthly (on day 5)
Yearly (on March 5)

On this top of this forum page, there is a link to the Calander.. THAT is the one I need.. Maybe that comes with the real DROID..
?
Looks like this..
DailyWeeklyMonthlyYearlyDaily
Every day(s) Every weekday
Daily
Every week(s) on MondayTuesdayWednesdayThursdayFridaySaturdaySunday
Monthly
Day of every month(s) The First Second Third Fourth Last Sunday Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday Saturday of every month(s)
Yearly
Every January February March April May June July August September October November December The First Second Third Fourth Last Sunday Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday Saturday of January February March April May June July August September October November December

to get the reocurring options add an event, then save it. then go back to the event and the option to have it repeat every week, month, days, etc will be there.

OP
G

geesh

Reaction score
Google Calendar

Ive read in other threads that Google Calendar will do what I want. How would I replace my default calendar with a "google calendar" ? Is Google Calendar downloadable to the ERIS ? I hope I wouldnt have to log into google 7 open the calendar from the web browser each time. That would a "stupid" work around...
Thanks..

Dallasguy7

Reaction score
I am assuming you have Verizon when I write the below.

From the web, Create a gmail account for your mail.
Once in mail at the top of the page is a link to calendar.
In Calendar you can find the links with information to sync with your Eris.

I use Gmail that will do POP to other e-mail accounts such as hotmail and all my e-mail is on one place. (And all of it is available from my Eris)
I use google Calendar that syncs with my Eris and also my Outlook at work.
For important messages from outlook I set up rules to forward to my gmail. (which in turn ends up on my Eris) I set up repeating events with no problem from either my Eris my Outlook or my gmail account. For repeating events of an unusual timing I set these up in Outlook or GCalendar and they will be synced to your Eris.
In addition to that I share my Google Calendar with my wife and son so we are all in sync.

All my Contacts are kept on gmail. (This means if my phone is lost or stolen I still have all those) Don't keep any numbers on the phone itself. Don't worry as your contacts are synced with the Eris.

Get evernote (Free) in the apps market and keep your important info/notes there. You can access them from either the web or your phone.

I would recommend that you don't keep any information on the phone itself but only on the web that is accessible using the above tools. Again if your phone is lost or stolen you have only lost the hardware.

Get Mobile Defense or a similar app that will allow you to locate, lock or disable the phone.

You can really maximize these tools for organization. And safety.

Sorry, I know I was off topic some but you can get these things organized for optimal usage of your mini computer. After all that what this is in addition to being a phone.

OP
G

geesh

Reaction score
Thanks !!!

It worked thanks... The sync'ing was a one button click. Amazingly simple.. Got my data in Google Calendar & it appears on my ERIS.. I have an app that is "suppose" to show different colors for types of events, Ill try to get that running tomorrow.. Too tired now.. Thanks for your help & thanks for the suggestions on data storage & Mobile Defense ! Bill

I am assuming you have Verizon when I write the below.

From the web, Create a gmail account for your mail.
Once in mail at the top of the page is a link to calendar.
In Calendar you can find the links with information to sync with your Eris.

I use Gmail that will do POP to other e-mail accounts such as hotmail and all my e-mail is on one place. (And all of it is available from my Eris)
I use google Calendar that syncs with my Eris and also my Outlook at work.
For important messages from outlook I set up rules to forward to my gmail. (which in turn ends up on my Eris) I set up repeating events with no problem from either my Eris my Outlook or my gmail account. For repeating events of an unusual timing I set these up in Outlook or GCalendar and they will be synced to your Eris.
In addition to that I share my Google Calendar with my wife and son so we are all in sync.

All my Contacts are kept on gmail. (This means if my phone is lost or stolen I still have all those) Don't keep any numbers on the phone itself. Don't worry as your contacts are synced with the Eris.

Get evernote (Free) in the apps market and keep your important info/notes there. You can access them from either the web or your phone.

I would recommend that you don't keep any information on the phone itself but only on the web that is accessible using the above tools. Again if your phone is lost or stolen you have only lost the hardware.

Get Mobile Defense or a similar app that will allow you to locate, lock or disable the phone.

You can really maximize these tools for organization. And safety.

Sorry, I know I was off topic some but you can get these things organized for optimal usage of your mini computer. After all that what this is in addition to being a phone.