1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Setting Text Message Ringtones

Discussion in 'HTC Droid Eris' started by vonblue, Dec 2, 2009.

1. vonblue

vonblue New Member

Hi,

I just got the HTC Droid Eris, I've been trying to set the tone for my text messages. I went into Notifications and set the ringtone, and it did not work, only played the initial preset one. Then I made a custom ringtone for notifications, and it still didn't change except for that notifications such as emails, and facebook updates would play another sound which wasn't even my new custom ringtone. Is there a different way to set it or is my phone messed up?

Thanks
  2. crazy650

crazy650 New Member

go to the market and downlod Ringdroid
  3. vonblue

vonblue New Member

I did already...still a problem...
  4. crazy650

crazy650 New Member

go to ringdroid the pick the song then you there is a slide down bar to pic different option pick notifications
  5. vonblue

vonblue New Member

Yes, I know how to use the app. And, I've done that already. I figured out what the problem was, you can't set text message tones from Notifications. But, thanks anyway.
  6. josh467

josh467 New Member

Open your sms app then press menu hardware key. Then settings. Then notifications. From within the app. Set it there and you'll be good.
  7. thirstymudkip

thirstymudkip New Member

How to set a song as a text ringtone

Ok im a little lost. Someone said "Open your sms app then press menu hardware key. Then settings. Then notifications. From within the app. Set it there and you'll be good." What sms app are you talking about? And i tried the Ringdroid App and still cant get this thing to work
  8. modrows1

modrows1 New Member

Open the "message" app on your Eris - Then follow the directions to change the notification - I just did it myself - I'm currently checking out Zedge :)
  9. Shibs

Shibs New Member

Yeah, it goes more like this..

Messages (SMS) > Menu (button at bottom) > Settings > Select Sound.

Then just simply select your ringtone.
  10. mrnachocheese

mrnachocheese New Member

Thanks for the quick tip, my wife was going nuts on how to set the tones on her Droid Eris.
  11. Scribbles

Scribbles New Member

Does anyone know if you can set contact ringtones for text messages? I have some contacts that have their own ringtone for calls, but all text messages have the same ringtone and I would like to have it set where when some contacts send me a text their personal ringtone is used
  12. h_pettet

h_pettet New Member

I want to set my Message tone as one that I've bought or downloaded.. How do I do that?
  13. Scribbles

Scribbles New Member

I have Malibo to download ringtones, and from within the app you set it to notifications and this sets it for texts (and also notifications for voicemails, etc) but I havnt figured out any other way to set downloaded ringtones for texts just calls.
    My problem is the ringtone is for all texts, even if the person has a specified ringtone for calls
  14. buxtor

buxtor New Member

ok, just switched from the Storm and already this phone kills it hands down except one thing...
    how do i custom sms tone on this thing? i want one contact to be one tone and another to ring differently and so on.
    Help! i've d/l'd about 10 aps and none of them do it but they say they will.
  15. JasmineO2007

JasmineO2007 New Member

I have a question ..... why do I have the same text msg ringtone for all my callers???? Can I have separet txt tones for some of my contacts or is it one tone for all???dancedroid
  16. maio1999

maio1999 New Member

I'm having issues as well. And this only brings me to the Droids stock ringtones. My downloaded ringtones are located in my music section, but 'notification' settings won't allow me to choose from anywhere else but 'stock'...
  17. w27bill

w27bill New Member

Ya, same here. Why can't we assign separate ringtones for our individual incoming TEXT ringtones? You know, in the same way that we're able to assign a different ringtone for each contact on incoming PHONE calls? I'm still in the process of searching the forum for a reasonable response or solution, but nothing helpful on this thread yet......
  18. bobbyp

bobbyp New Member

The one thing I miss about the Blackberry OS.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Droid Forums
  19. doogald

doogald Member

Try installing Handcent as a replacement for text messaging, which I believe allows individual ringtones for contacts. https://play.google.com/store/apps/...51bGwsMSwxLDMsImNvbS5oYW5kY2VudC5uZXh0c21zIl0.

I'm not sure, but perhaps Go Messenger Pro supports that as well. https://play.google.com/store/apps/...ps#?t=W251bGwsMSwxLDEwOSwiY29tLmpiLmdvc21zIl0.

There is also ChompSMS: https://play.google.com/store/apps/...t#?t=W251bGwsMSwxLDEsImNvbS5wMS5jaG9tcHNtcyJd

Just turn off notifications in the stock messaging app and then see what those apps can do.

(Just a note that I use stock and actually prefer a single text messaging ringtone; just thought I'd pass this idea along.)
Search tags for this page
how do i change my text msg sound android
how do i set a ringtone for my text messages on the droid
how do i set my message tone on my android
how do i set ringtones for text messages on my droid
how do you set sound for text message on verizon droid
how to set a downloaded ringtone for text messages on androi
how to set a music ringtone for text messages on android
how to set a text message ringtone on android
how to set message tones on android
how to set ringtone for text message on droid
how to set ringtones for text messages android