Brand new to Eris -- need some help?

Gags1892

Reaction score
Hey everyone. Coming over form a BB Storm 2, and I'm used to closing out applications and constantly checking memory usage.

I got the Eris a few hours ago, and it shows my awake time as 100% -- if it's not 100%, it's in the 90s.

I have dl'ed chompSMS and that is my native sms app. I turned off notifications for the stock SMS app, as well as removed the shortcut.

I only have the ATK app and Facebook installed, and haven't used the web at all.

What can I do to lower my awake time?

OP
Gags1892

Gags1892

Reaction score
Thanks for the links, I have done this all -- but still at 96% awake time.

I don't understand?

Eric

Reaction score
Something doesn't seem right. If you have all the hardware (bluetooth,WiFi, mobile network) turned off and then tap the power button to lock the screen & let the phone sit for awhile, the awake time should drop. Turn the phone off and back on to reset the timer, then do all that and let it sit an hour or two. If. The awake time isn't really low, something is very wrong with the phone, I should think. If so, I would take it back.

rcklss1

Reaction score
ARe you using the Facebook widget or app. The widget can keep the phone awake... also I don't know if atk has it but I switched to advanced task manager for the auto kill in case I forget to close something It will automatically do It for me just a suggestion

CanDroid

Reaction score
Welcome to the world of DROID! This is a OS not seen until now....Many of us think we know but only a select few are pros...Listen to these guys and eat, breath, sleep, and **** this forum and you'll learn everything about ANDROID!:icon_ devil::greendroid:

OP
Gags1892

Gags1892

Reaction score
I am using the Facebook app that I downloaded from the Android market.

Battery life lasted me from about 6 this morning until about 5 this afternoon. I am re-charging now since im going out tonight.

Can't wait to get the extended battery.

Awake time has not gone below 30%

GrdLock

Reaction score
Are you using the included Visual Voicemail app? That's been known to cause awake issues.

OP
Gags1892

Gags1892

Reaction score
Nope haven't used it once.

How do I remove stock apps? VVM, Footprints, Twitter, etc.?

refthemc

Reaction score
Nope haven't used it once.

How do I remove stock apps? VVM, Footprints, Twitter, etc.?

Not possible until we get Root. But for your awake issues, I just checked mine and it says %20. What I do is open up Taskiller and pretty much close everything besides HTC Sense, Input, and Com.htc.provider, Then I turn off my mobile connection (I added the widget "Mobile Network" to the home screen to make it easier to turn off quickly...) Then I simply put the phone to sleep.

Not sure if that will work for everyone but it seems to be working for me, though I am kinda tired of always having to open taskiller to close all of the apps but hey I did get a Hero didnt I?....lol

OP
Gags1892

Gags1892

Reaction score
Update: I have removed my task killing app and my battery life has almost doubled. I went from 7 am to 11:30 pm with light-moderate usage (texting, email, Facebook), and still had some juice!

My awake time is still a bit high (40-50%), which I dont understand?

rcklss1

Reaction score
the facebook widget and most of the weather app widgets or taskbar notifications cause the phone to stay awake... I use advanced task manager it has a timed auto kill so i set what apps i want to keep running ( mostly just htc apps and a few others and the rest are added to the auto kill list the app then automatically closes everything but what i told it not to every half hour keeps my eris runnning fast and smooth....