ezeStand - The Ultimate Smart Phone Stand

greyghost04

Reaction score
Minje arrived today and does work with the seidio case. Works only in landscape mode. I noticed if it doesn't work in landscape its just a matter of movijg or shifting it to the right like 1/4 of an inch. No biggie at all.
I'm thinking ionly reason its not working in portrait is because that's just how my sholes 2.0.5 rom is that it doesn't have the portrait dockmode feature. Imay be wrong about that. Overall I'm happy with thye purchase, might even. Get another
Hi Cisco,
Good to hear you're happy with the purchase. The magnet is positioned such that it will only activate the Multimedia Mode when the Droid is sitting sideways. I thought it would be kind of annoying if it triggered the Multimedia Mode with it sitting upright.

Mine arrived today. Very fast, I think I ordered it Thur. Nice quality and design. Unfortunately it doesn't work with Body Glove on the phone. I love my Droid with Body Glove as I know I will drop my naked Droid. It just a matter of when not if. Not with the Glove. Solid rubber feel and if I do drop it, a lot of protection. Anyhow it won't catch the magnet so no clock automatically. I like the dock so much though, I will still use it as my charging dock.
I apologize for it not working with the Body Glove case. I guess there are just some limitations. I will create a FAQ section on the website to spell out which cases the ezeStand works with and which ones it doesn't. I certainly don't want unhappy customers. I'll need your help letting me know what cases you have and how they work so please keep replying or email me directly.

As far as a return policy, I will gladly refund anyone who is unhappy with the ezeStand - but so far it sounds like it's a hit with those that have received it.

Thanks DF members & ezeStand buyers!!!

I like it and I'm keeping it.
Thanks

cisco0910

Reaction score
Thanks for clarifying. Good product for the price.
Minje arrived today and does work with the seidio case. Works only in landscape mode. I noticed if it doesn't work in landscape its just a matter of movijg or shifting it to the right like 1/4 of an inch. No biggie at all.
I'm thinking ionly reason its not working in portrait is because that's just how my sholes 2.0.5 rom is that it doesn't have the portrait dockmode feature. Imay be wrong about that. Overall I'm happy with thye purchase, might even. Get another
Hi Cisco,
Good to hear you're happy with the purchase. The magnet is positioned such that it will only activate the Multimedia Mode when the Droid is sitting sideways. I thought it would be kind of annoying if it triggered the Multimedia Mode with it sitting upright.

Mine arrived today. Very fast, I think I ordered it Thur. Nice quality and design. Unfortunately it doesn't work with Body Glove on the phone. I love my Droid with Body Glove as I know I will drop my naked Droid. It just a matter of when not if. Not with the Glove. Solid rubber feel and if I do drop it, a lot of protection. Anyhow it won't catch the magnet so no clock automatically. I like the dock so much though, I will still use it as my charging dock.
I apologize for it not working with the Body Glove case. I guess there are just some limitations. I will create a FAQ section on the website to spell out which cases the ezeStand works with and which ones it doesn't. I certainly don't want unhappy customers. I'll need your help letting me know what cases you have and how they work so please keep replying or email me directly.

As far as a return policy, I will gladly refund anyone who is unhappy with the ezeStand - but so far it sounds like it's a hit with those that have received it.

Thanks DF members & ezeStand buyers!!!

A.Brooks

Reaction score
any way I can buy without using paypal? Currently they're trying to screw me out of 250 bucks, and I'm not doing business with them anymore.

OP
E

ezeStand

Reaction score
any way I can buy without using paypal? Currently they're trying to screw me out of 250 bucks, and I'm not doing business with them anymore.

You don't have to have a Paypal account to purchase. If you proceed to the checkout window, there is a selection on the left hand side (not well advertised) that says
Don't have a PayPal account?

Use your credit card or bank account (where available). Continue"
If you select this it will let you enter your credit card info without logging in to paypal.

Laramie

Reaction score
Just got mine today. Ordered Friday, shipped Saturday and arrived today (Tuesday). I really wanted the OEM Droid dock, but after reflecting on it...I like the idea that if my phone rings while in the dock and charging, I can pick it up while still connected to cord and answer the phone without having to pull it off the dock OR pick up the whole phone/dock to answer the phone.

Seems like ezestand already posted pictures in his gallery, but if anybody wants any high res/detail, macro shots, just shout and I'll post them.

Happy customer!

OP
E

ezeStand

Reaction score
Attention Body Glove Owners ...

I've received customer feedback that although the ezeStand will hold the Droid with a Body Glove Cover, the Multimedia Mode will not automatically activate. Please know this limitation before purchasing the ezeStand. I have updated the website as well. I will review the design in conjunction with the Body Glove case to see if there is something that can be done to make the Multimedia Mode to trigger.

Another options for Body Glove owners is to download the Dock Runner free application which will allow you to self activate the Multimedia Mode.

Thanks,

Laramie

Reaction score
Attention Body Glove Owners ...

I've received customer feedback that although the ezeStand will hold the Droid with a Body Glove Cover, the Multimedia Mode will not automatically activate. Please know this limitation before purchasing the ezeStand. I have updated the website as well. I will review the design in conjunction with the Body Glove case to see if there is something that can be done to make the Multimedia Mode to trigger.

Another options for Body Glove owners is to download the Dock Runner free application which will allow you to self activate the Multimedia Mode.

Thanks,

Stupid question, but have you experimented with a different size/strength magnet?

Laramie

Reaction score
I would like to see the bottom of the stand and a pic of it with a body gloved droid in it

Sorry, my Droids naked, but here are some pics anyways :)

795566050_hU8EH-XL.jpg

795565907_2MH7m-XL.jpg

795565797_SAS8a-XL.jpg

OP
E

ezeStand

Reaction score
Stupid question, but have you experimented with a different size/strength magnet?

I have tried different magnet sizes/strengths and found that if the magnet is too large it can cause the Droid to freak out and have to reboot. The magnet I ended up with is the same size as what is used in the Motorola Dock so I felt pretty safe with using that. I'll revisit the size and position to see if I can get something to work with the BG case.
Thanks,

Sam

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

I have tried different magnet sizes/strengths and found that if the magnet is too large it can cause the Droid to freak out and have to reboot. The magnet I ended up with is the same size as what is used in the Motorola Dock so I felt pretty safe with using that. I'll revisit the size and position to see if I can get something to work with the BG case.
Thanks,

yeah, perhaps if it were just placed a tad higher in the dock? i assume the problem with the bodyglove case is that the bulk of it offsets the droid just enough that it is out of range of the magnet..? i wonder if it could be moved up a bit and still trigger the multimedia mode on a naked droid?

patriot839

Reaction score
i baught these little magnets from walmart called magnetic neo buttons they work great for activating both car and multimedia with my body glove on it says on back of package that they can also be found at www.magspec.com just a suggestion good luck hope somthing works for you