ezeStand - The Ultimate Smart Phone Stand

greyghost04

Reaction score
Attention Body Glove Owners ...

I've received customer feedback that although the ezeStand will hold the Droid with a Body Glove Cover, the Multimedia Mode will not automatically activate. Please know this limitation before purchasing the ezeStand. I have updated the website as well. I will review the design in conjunction with the Body Glove case to see if there is something that can be done to make the Multimedia Mode to trigger.

Another options for Body Glove owners is to download the Dock Runner free application which will allow you to self activate the Multimedia Mode.

Thanks,

I am going to try and find a bigger magnet and stick it over the old one which is pretty small. Haven't found one yet though/

greyghost04

Reaction score

Another options for Body Glove owners is to download the Dock Runner free application which will allow you to self activate the Multimedia Mode.

I've had it on the dock all night with the Body Glove on and using Dock Runner. It required just a quick touch of the icon and the screen was up and looking great. Because BG is rubber it really sticks to the dock in a secure fashion. I'm completely satisfied with this setup.

nighthawk700

Reaction score
Argh!!! I decided to definitely keep my Droid, canceled my old Sprint Centro. Went on line just now to order two stands... (after getting back from a late meeting), and... Sold out!!!! :icon_eek: :icon_eek: :icon_eek:

Head -> Desk -> Whap!! -> Repeat

OP
E

ezeStand

Reaction score

I've received customer feedback that although the ezeStand will hold the Droid with a Body Glove Cover, the Multimedia Mode will not automatically activate. Please know this limitation before purchasing the ezeStand. I have updated the website as well. I will review the design in conjunction with the Body Glove case to see if there is something that can be done to make the Multimedia Mode to trigger.

Thanks,

Update for Body Glove Owners

I picked up a Body Glove cover today and expermented with magnet placement. An additional magnet (or two since they are so small) dropped inside the ezeStand base will basically attract themselves to the embedded ezeStand magnet and hold themselves in place perfectly! This will boost the magnetic pull and seems to work excellent with the Body Glove covers.

If you have a small magnet hanging around, you might give this a try yourself.

If you ordered an ezeStand and own a Body Glove cover, you can contact us at [email protected] and we will ship you out a couple of magnets to retrofit into your ezeStand.

We'll continue to work on supporting the Body Glove cover going forward as well.

Thanks for your support!

droidzer

Reaction score
If i didn't have the oem one i would have given it a try perhaps.

Cheers.

vessej

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
i ordered one and received the shipped notification yesterday. i have the oem for work but wanted to try this one for home. looks very good.

bsimech

Reaction score
EZ Stand is fantastic; but you need a rt angle micro USB

I bought the EZ stand for my Droid and it works perfectly and exactly as described. It does have the correct magnets to place the phone in multi media mode as well. I do have my Droid in a "shell/holster combo case"; which is a rubbery plastic type material that fully covers the back plate of the phone - and the multi media mode still works great with the stand.

My one and only complaint with this stand is that it puts my micro USB cable in a bind when the phone is in its horizontal position. The USB cable almost makes the phone want to stand up off the cradle. I highly recommend purchasing a 90 degree micro USB cable to go along with this stand in order to prevent damage to your cable or even worse; the USB connection port on the phone. The manufacturer of the stand should add this to his web site or even better; add the cost to the price and include it automatically.

Overall; the EZ Stand is a very well designed product and I'd highly recommend it for anyone with a Droid.

cisco0910

Reaction score
I bought the EZ stand for my Droid and it works perfectly and exactly as described. It does have the correct magnets to place the phone in multi media mode as well. I do have my Droid in a "shell/holster combo case"; which is a rubbery plastic type material that fully covers the back plate of the phone - and the multi media mode still works great with the stand.

My one and only complaint with this stand is that it puts my micro USB cable in a bind when the phone is in its horizontal position. The USB cable almost makes the phone want to stand up off the cradle. I highly recommend purchasing a 90 degree micro USB cable to go along with this stand in order to prevent damage to your cable or even worse; the USB connection port on the phone. The manufacturer of the stand should add this to his web site or even better; add the cost to the price and include it automatically.

Overall; the EZ Stand is a very well designed product and I'd highly recommend it for anyone with a Droid.

Good review, i noticed that too, but didn't mention it cause guess i forgot. But yea, i'm say way. I ordered a right-anlge micro usb to compliment my ezestand. Be careful and make sure it's a right angle and not a left as it'll bend it the opposite way.

anjoga

Reaction score
Got my ezestand today. This is a great design! I like it so much I put in an order for a second one. I understand they are backordered, but I couldn't wait!

greyghost04

Reaction score
Ezestand sent me the extra magnet I needed because of Body Glove being too thick. It's so tiny I couldn't figure out what to do with it. Then it occurred to me to just let it stick to the current mag from the outside. It's about the size of the dimple on the top of a AAA battery. Well it works perfectly. Don't need the app anymore to go manually to multimedia mode, I'll keep it though. Thanks guys! :icon_ banana:

OP
E

ezeStand

Reaction score
Ezestand sent me the extra magnet I needed because of Body Glove being too thick. It's so tiny I couldn't figure out what to do with it. Then it occurred to me to just let it stick to the current mag from the outside. It's about the size of the dimple on the top of a AAA battery. Well it works perfectly. Don't need the app anymore to go manually to multimedia mode, I'll keep it though. Thanks guys! :icon_ banana:

Hi Greyghost,
You can also simply drop the magnets inside the base of the ezeStand and they will attract themselves to the other magnet. This way they will be out of site and it will work the same.
Thanks,

Trek6500mt

Reaction score
Got both of my stands and a data cable and love them!! Very simple but works great. Now i just need to find a 90degree power adapter . Thanks!!

OP
E

ezeStand

Reaction score
Thanks for all of the positive feedback! Looking forward to more ezeStands arriving next week!

bsimech

Reaction score
90 degree micro usb cable

Great product; but as an FYI to improve on a great thing......

Try to source a 90 degree cable that you could sell on your site. You could buy in bulk and cheap; so there'd be some profit to be made in it.

I found a "90 degree right angle connector" and bought them on line to add to your stands (I've bought 4 of them in total now). When I got them; they were in fact 90 degree; but in the wrong direction. I was warned to watch out for that by Cisco in an earlier post; but the web site called them "right angle"; so I mistook that to mean bent to the right as opposed to left.

It would add a lot to your product if you could either offer or include the correctly shaped 90 degree angled USB.

JimMariner

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 64G
I have had mine for a just about a week now. I am very happy with the purchase of the ezeStand and it's ease of use. I'd highly recommend this to other members for purchase.

This is my personal opinion
Not that as an Admin on DF.
I Really Like this ezeStand !!