Extremely hot

dizzle_910

Reaction score
I just switched from the devour (garbage) to the droid 2 and I love my new phone.....but it gets really hot and I mean hot on and off charge. And when it heats up like that my bat life lasts maybe an hour. Like goes from 100% to 15-20%. What do I do? It was a referb. Also I heard the advance task killer us bad for this phone....is this true?

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App

louy99

Reaction score
Yes, ATK is horrible...take it off. See if that fixes your problem. Look at your battery stats to see what is working your battery so hard.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

louy99

Reaction score
Is your phone rooted? If not you may want to consider it to underclock your phone to save more battery.

OP
D

dizzle_910

Reaction score
Yea I don't kno what any of that means. This is the first computer I've owned lol so pretty illiterate when it comes to that. I kno rooted is ti take off the pre installed apps right? N thanks for the pointers.

louy99

Reaction score
Rooted means you have full control of your phone. You can change your processor speed on your phone so it can work faster or slower, and customize your phone more...my phone use to go dead at 6-8 hours but I can go 18 to 21 hours now depending on use.

CD95YJ

Reaction score
If its not rooted take it to vzw. Phones are not supposed to get hot unless your putting it under a load (streaming large video files) and even then they aren't supposed to get that hot. There is a good chance vzw will replace it for you.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

OP
D

dizzle_910

Reaction score
Thanks. That sucks though cuz I just got this phone n Gettin a new one is so much more complicated then before just cuz there us so much more stuff in these. Oh well ya gotta do what ya gotta do I guess. Thanks for ur guys help.

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Thanks. That sucks though cuz I just got this phone n Gettin a new one is so much more complicated then before just cuz there us so much more stuff in these. Oh well ya gotta do what ya gotta do I guess. Thanks for ur guys help.

You might try a factory hard reset first:

1. Turn the Droid 2 off. If it’s frozen and you cannot turn it off, pull and replace the battery.
2. Open the keyboard and press the X key while pressing and holding Power. The device will power on. Keep holding the buttons downuntil a yellow triangle appears.
3. Press the Search key on the keyboard (magnifying glass).
4. Use the Volume Up and Volume Down buttons on the side of the phone to select the Wipe data factory reset option. Use the Camera key to confirm it.
5. Tap wipe data/factory reset then tap OK.
6. Highlight reboot system now is highlighted then tap OK.

OP
D

dizzle_910

Reaction score
Will that wipe out my sd card or just the phone?

louy99

Reaction score
Do you use wifi on your phone. If your phones 3g network is working a lot, your phone will get hot. And your battery will last longer

OP
D

dizzle_910

Reaction score
No I have wifi turned off. Should it be on?

louy99

Reaction score
No I have wifi turned off. Should it be on?

If wifi is avaliable, It should ALWAYS be on. Wifi uses less battery than 3g and is faster (usually). And if you have a really bad 3g signal, that drains your battery very very fast.

OP
D

dizzle_910

Reaction score
People like me should not own these phones haha but thanks to u guys there us hope haha.

OP
D

dizzle_910

Reaction score
My battery stat says that my display is takin up 86%. Is that normal? Everything else us like n the teens or lower.