Extended batteries: 3 for $5!!

SquireSCA

Silver Member
Reaction score
What phone number can we call? We don't have to mention SlickDeals or the discount, but I think it is fair to tell them that we ordered some batteries a week ago because the stock battery life of the Rezound is horrendous and we cannot make it through a single day on a charge, and that we want to know where our battery order is... I think that is a fair question to ask.

cp24eva

Reaction score
Call the customer loyalty line. They usually can take care of the situation. Just be a good complainer and state your case. They can get stuff shipped in 2 days.

EVSP

Reaction score
Well, I said to heck with it... I'm calling...

After much time being on hold, I got an Internet Orders support phone number (866-338-7390 if anyone wants to know) and the girl I spoke with told me that the batteries are currently on backorder from the manufacturer and my order is in "hold" status until they can get more but it will be processed and shipped once they come in. Now, the order *I* placed was for the standard batteries, not the extended - I know the extended have either disappeared or are out of stock online but that was what I was told and that my order is not cancelled at this point.

So, there is some glimmer in all the frustration - at least for me :) Hope this helps!

EVSP

Reaction score
Update:

I just got this email from VZW:

Hello,
Thank you for contacting Verizon Wireless. There seems to be a pricing issue with your order. I show that the total of your order comes to $133.08. If that is correct or to discuss the order please call the number below to have your order shipped overnight at no charge.

For questions regarding your order, please reply to this email or call 866-338-7390Monday-Friday 8am-9pm or Saturday 8am-5pm EST.
Thank you for using Verizon Wireless products and services. We appreciate your business.
Sarah
Order Processing Team

So, I'm not going to have that amount of 133.08 be charged to me when I originally got the low, low price of 10.63 emailed to me in an order confirmation email after I placed my order - so I called the number provided as requested and the representative I spoke to had me send him the original email that stated I ordered and would be billed 10.63 for three standard batteries and a charger... he said that since they have confirmation of the email I received for my original order, they should honor that price and the original quoted price of what I should be billed could be honored, not the 133.08.

He confirmed that the batteries were in stock and it should be here by Thursday with 2-day shipping. I don't really know who to believe about the batteries really being in stock and I probably won't get them til Monday, with my luck lol.

Don't know if going through the same method I did would help anyone... hopefully it'll work for me! ;)

SquireSCA

Silver Member
Reaction score
I just called them and they said that they had an IT issue with the website and the prices came across all scrambled. LOL

So I told him that I have a an order confirmation from them for this price and if they planned to honor it. He kind of hummed and hawed and said that he will have to go talk to a supervisor and call me back.

Methinks I am not getting dirt cheap batteries. :-(

EVSP

Reaction score
For grins (gotta keep it clean) and giggles, I checked my bank account after talking with VZW about THEIR pricing issue lol, and the charge of 10.63 is now pending on my account again... YAY!! :icon_ lala:

kyle4269

Reaction score
Update:

I just got this email from VZW:

Hello,
Thank you for contacting Verizon Wireless. There seems to be a pricing issue with your order. I show that the total of your order comes to $133.08. If that is correct or to discuss the order please call the number below to have your order shipped overnight at no charge.

For questions regarding your order, please reply to this email or call 866-338-7390Monday-Friday 8am-9pm or Saturday 8am-5pm EST.
Thank you for using Verizon Wireless products and services. We appreciate your business.
Sarah
Order Processing Team

So, I'm not going to have that amount of 133.08 be charged to me when I originally got the low, low price of 10.63 emailed to me in an order confirmation email after I placed my order - so I called the number provided as requested and the representative I spoke to had me send him the original email that stated I ordered and would be billed 10.63 for three standard batteries and a charger... he said that since they have confirmation of the email I received for my original order, they should honor that price and the original quoted price of what I should be billed could be honored, not the 133.08.

He confirmed that the batteries were in stock and it should be here by Thursday with 2-day shipping. I don't really know who to believe about the batteries really being in stock and I probably won't get them til Monday, with my luck lol.

Don't know if going through the same method I did would help anyone... hopefully it'll work for me! ;)

I got a similar email from Verizon also. So I gave them a call, after going back and forth and her putting me on hold a few times. She said there was a problem with the ordering system and that my price was a mistake and said that If I wanted the order I would have to pay the correct price. I explained that I have an email confirmation with the price I was quoted and she said I understand that but you still need to pay the full price or she needs to cancel the order. I told her I still want the order and want to pay the price I was quoted. She then canceled my order and asked me if I need help with anything else...lol.. I have 2 other orders processing..I'm guessing I'm not getting any...oh well..

EVSP

Reaction score
Man, what a rip.. there's gotta be SOMETHING they can do to honor what you have in writing... I would've called back to talk to someone else to get your order reinstated or asked to speak to a supervisor... What she did was CRAP.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk

kyle4269

Reaction score
Man, what a rip.. there's gotta be SOMETHING they can do to honor what you have in writing... I would've called back to talk to someone else to get your order reinstated or asked to speak to a supervisor... What she did was CRAP.

Oh, I'm defiantly going to give them a call back tomorrow!

UPDATE:
Just got off the phone with internet sales again. The lady I spoke to said this has been a known issue with the system and put me on hold to "talk to her supervisor and see how we are handling this issue" about a minute later she came back and said that they will be honoring the price. She had me forward my the email confirmation so she could get the exact price. Now I have a pending charge on my CC of $9.33 for the charger and 3 extended batteries. So guys when you call don't take no for an answer! Thanks EVSP for making me call back! lol

Last edited:

SquireSCA

Silver Member
Reaction score
Just called them again. At first she said that she would get it approved and shipped out for a delivery tomorrow, but then she put me on hold and talked to a supervisor and said that the orders were on hold while IT fixed the issues. I asked what that means, that it is now 8 days since I placed my order and she said that they will ship, but that everything is on hold till IT fixes the system and that I will get an email update when it does.

My guess is that all orders are on hold, and they are trying to determine the best way to get out of this mess. Once legal finds a loophole or way for them to cancel all the orders and get around the fact that we all have price quotes and confirmations in writing, that they will have some legal reason to cancel the orders or "be happy to fill your order at the corrected price"...

If you got your batteries, you are one of the lucky few. Most of us won't regardless of what we have in writing.

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
Sounds like VZW is trying to keep a positive spin on this one. People that don't complain just get their orders cancelled and people that do complain get the batteries. I mean technically having something in writing is useless unless they took money from you. They didn't take mine, they had it pending then cancelled. So for me I guess I don't get my extra few batteries to sell hahaha.

EVSP

Reaction score
Thanks EVSP for making me call back! lol

You're welcome ;) I just know I personally couldn't just let it go - I had to at least try to say I did... I didnt raise a fuss about it and I called expecting them to tell me that there was no way... it was worth a shot, right? The worst they could say was no...

Glad it worked out for you! ;)

mikeinctown

Reaction score
Well since some people already got batteries, I guess it is hard for them to say that the orders are all being cancelled. they obviously honored the price on some orders, so why not yours and mine.

mikeinctown

Reaction score
Just spoke with a lady at the 866 number as I noticed my status went from processing... check back tomorrow to "shipped", but there was no tracking info. BUT, it showed the original date of 11-30. So I called asking for the tracking number. The lady put me on hold for a while and when she came back she asked me what my order total was. I explained that the email said $10.63. She then said what price does it show for the batteries. I explained that the batteries were listed at $5. She said not possible as they were $39. I explained that they were listed on the site at $20 and that when added to the cart they showed a sale price of $5. She then told me my order had not shipped and that it was working on the order issues. I asked why some people were getting their batteries shipped to them and she just told me the same thing... that the order issues were being worked on.

atomicwedgie

Reaction score
I just got this email:
vw_mac_2t_w_2c_131.gif

Dear Valued Customer,
Thank you for choosing Verizon Wireless, America's most reliable wireless network. We do appreciate your business.

This email is to confirm the cancellation of your internet order. You have not been billed for this order. If you have not requested your order be cancelled, please reply to this email or call us at 866-338-7390. Our Internet Order Processing Team is available to help you from 8 am to 9 pm Monday through Friday and Saturday from 8 am to 5 pm, Eastern Standard Time.