Extended batteries: 3 for $5!!

Discussion in 'HTC Rezound' started by jcardona1, Nov 29, 2011.

1. SquireSCA

SquireSCA Silver Member

Ratings:
    +280
    Just called them again. At first she said that she would get it approved and shipped out for a delivery tomorrow, but then she put me on hold and talked to a supervisor and said that the orders were on hold while IT fixed the issues. I asked what that means, that it is now 8 days since I placed my order and she said that they will ship, but that everything is on hold till IT fixes the system and that I will get an email update when it does.

My guess is that all orders are on hold, and they are trying to determine the best way to get out of this mess. Once legal finds a loophole or way for them to cancel all the orders and get around the fact that we all have price quotes and confirmations in writing, that they will have some legal reason to cancel the orders or "be happy to fill your order at the corrected price"...

If you got your batteries, you are one of the lucky few. Most of us won't regardless of what we have in writing.

2. MrSmith317

MrSmith317 Moderator
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +31
    Sounds like VZW is trying to keep a positive spin on this one. People that don't complain just get their orders cancelled and people that do complain get the batteries. I mean technically having something in writing is useless unless they took money from you. They didn't take mine, they had it pending then cancelled. So for me I guess I don't get my extra few batteries to sell hahaha.

3. EVSP

EVSP Member

Ratings:
    +0
    You're welcome ;) I just know I personally couldn't just let it go - I had to at least try to say I did... I didnt raise a fuss about it and I called expecting them to tell me that there was no way... it was worth a shot, right? The worst they could say was no...

Glad it worked out for you! ;)

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk

4. mikeinctown

mikeinctown Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Well since some people already got batteries, I guess it is hard for them to say that the orders are all being cancelled. they obviously honored the price on some orders, so why not yours and mine.

5. mikeinctown

mikeinctown Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Just spoke with a lady at the 866 number as I noticed my status went from processing... check back tomorrow to "shipped", but there was no tracking info. BUT, it showed the original date of 11-30. So I called asking for the tracking number. The lady put me on hold for a while and when she came back she asked me what my order total was. I explained that the email said $10.63. She then said what price does it show for the batteries. I explained that the batteries were listed at $5. She said not possible as they were $39. I explained that they were listed on the site at $20 and that when added to the cart they showed a sale price of $5. She then told me my order had not shipped and that it was working on the order issues. I asked why some people were getting their batteries shipped to them and she just told me the same thing... that the order issues were being worked on.

6. atomicwedgie

atomicwedgie Member

Ratings:
    +1
    I just got this email:
    [​IMG]
    [HR][/HR]
    Dear Valued Customer,
    Thank you for choosing Verizon Wireless, America's most reliable wireless network. We do appreciate your business.

This email is to confirm the cancellation of your internet order. You have not been billed for this order. If you have not requested your order be cancelled, please reply to this email or call us at 866-338-7390. Our Internet Order Processing Team is available to help you from 8 am to 9 pm Monday through Friday and Saturday from 8 am to 5 pm, Eastern Standard Time.

7. jcardona1

jcardona1 Senior Member

Ratings:
    +40
    Just got the same email too. Replied back asking them WTF were they thinking cancelling my order, and that I wanted my order to be processed. I'll be calling the number too.

8. SquireSCA

SquireSCA Silver Member

Ratings:
    +280
    I called them immediately and asked them why they cancelled my order, when they KNOW that I didn't request it to be cancelled. The guy said that they had a system error and were cancelling all the orders, but that if I wanted them to complete it they would and the total would be $199 with shipping and tax. I told him that I had a price quote and confirmation in writing for a different price, and the guy said that it didn't matter, the price was wrong due to a system error and that the only way they could complete and ship my order was for $199.

I then asked how they could quote me one price and then change it later, and he said that they have the right to review all orders. I said yes, but your website says that the order is confirmed and pending while you process the credit card charges, and that THAT is what your "review process" is, at least according to the confirmation email that I was sent.

He said it doesn't matter, the system had an error and that the price they quoted was wrong and will not be honored. I asked him why other people that I have talked to got their batteries at that price already, and he said he is not there to talk about other people's orders, just mine. I told him I would take the email and take it up with the BBB and he said "good luck with that, have a nice day."

9. JRParsons

JRParsons Active Member

Ratings:
    +44
    Along with the BBB, I suggest looking into your local states consumer protection statute. Although it was clear this was an error, it is not a far jump to get it into a "bait and switch" situation (order X for $10, but actually willing to sell it for $150)
    Usually there are a few hoops to jump through, but if you state your case in a convincing fashion, and VW fails to rectify the problem, and you succeed in a court of competent jurisdiction, you usually receive much more than you were originally entitled to. And legal fees. (Also it will cost VW more to defend these cases than it will to ship out some batteries, how much do you think VW will pay an attorney to sit in small claims court for a day..)
    Just a suggestion

10. SquireSCA

SquireSCA Silver Member

Ratings:
    +280
    Well, I am not sure that it is worth the time and effort to try and pursue it to get some batteries. VZW had legal look at it, they decided that their exposure was minimal and not worth losing $50k in batteries, so they just cancelled the orders and can blame it on a system error, which there was.

11. JRParsons

JRParsons Active Member

Ratings:
    +44
    Your call.

I have done about a 1/2 dozen of these letters for friends, and usually (not always) it doesn't go any farther than the letter. You send the letter, state what you are looking for, show where the company had been "unfair or deceptive", explain that their exposure is 3X (could be more or less depending on the state) what was actually lost and you will be entitled to legal fees (this is the big one, nobody wants to pay $2500 for your attorney, when they could have sent you your widgets for $200)

What you have at the end is a letter that states you want X delivered as promised or I'm going to sue you for $3000.00 (damages/penalties/legal fees), you can then sue if you like or not. If they tell you to pound sand and you don't want to file suit, all you've done is written a letter. (also many times the letters end up in the legal department, who really don't want to be bothered for the small amount of $ being requested.)

I do agree with you though, there are times when the time, effort & $$ required to chase something just isn't worth it.

I've had people come to me looking to sue somebody over $800.00 (example), I tell them it will most likely cost around $4000.00 if the other side doesn't respond favorably to the intitial demand letter. These people may have a very winnable case, but just because of the numbers, they are SOL. (I do usually give them a little lesson on how to do it themselves.)

Nice bike, cold up here now. Got 1 ride in after Thanksgiving.

12. SquireSCA

SquireSCA Silver Member

Ratings:
    +280
    Yeah, I think that in the end, it isn't worth my time. It is one of those deals where you know it is a long shot and if you get it, great. If not, it didn't cost me anything, you know?

Thanks on the bike. Had to sell the Ducati and picked up this Triumph, it is fun so far. I think that pic was taken of me while doing a track day at Road Atlanta this past July. Weather is a little cold today, but we do get to ride year round for the most part, and unless we get a freak snow storm, we never really have to worry about sand and salt on the roads like I did when I lived in NJ. It will only hit 55 degrees today, but I may go out for a spin. We have some amazing roads down here. North GA Mtns, Deal's Gap, Blue Ridge Parkway, plus several race tracks like Road Atlanta, Barber, Jennings, Roebling, Talledega, etc...

Vid taken in the Mtns:

And one from the track:

What bike is in your sig? It is hard to make out the detail, cannot tell if it is a Kawi or a Honda?

There are a ton of videos on my YouTube channel, from the mountains and on the track... SquireSCA is the channel.