exclamation triangle means its not rooted

honex97

Reaction score
so i cut my droid off and held the x and the power button and the exclamation triangle came up. does that mean my droid is not rooted or not necessarily. my phone is defective and need to take it back to verizon just making sure its not rooted :motdroidvert:

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Do you have the Superuser app in your app drawer? if so, you are rooted.

If you download Android Terminal Emulator and use it to type "su" - without the quotes and you get a # symbol, then you are rooted.

Link number 1 in my sig has info on how to be unrooted. link #3 will also get you back to stock...right out of the box like when you bought your phone.

OP
H

honex97

Reaction score
i have the superuser app in the app drawer so guess im rooted. thanks a lot time to unroot

OP
H

honex97

Reaction score
at 1st i thought it was just my headphones cause when i would listen to music they would keep cutting out but then i started to notice the speaker for in calls sometimes wouldn't work and i could only hear people unless i put it on speaker but i figured out my headphones work fine on everything else so its my head phone jack is messes up when my headphones are in and sometime when i take them out my phone doesn't register that i took them out so thats why i cant hear unless i put in on speaker phone