Exchange Server 2007/2010

mrmomoman

Reaction score
Perphaps I am blind ( well okay I am ) :)

Ca you search for messages on the server as well as in the inbox? I know with the Desire/Legend that you can. Was this stripped out of the Incredible?

I hate how they didn't provide the other view options for the mail widget on the incredible. The Sensemail for Exchange on the Desire allows for a few widget views for Exchange.

What happened to news widget? :(

Any hints would be much appreciated. I really don't like Touchdown's UI. :)

Last edited:

buckfill

Reaction score
I am an Exchange 2007 user and I do not see how to do it. If I hit the physical search button on the phone it says, "mail" like it is going to search for mail. However, if I type in a user's name that I KNOW is in my mailbox it comes back with zero hits. I will say it does search the GAL which is an extremely nice feature. But, it only pulls the email address from the GAL. I know it's pulling from the GAL because I can put a name in of a person that I know I've never emailed to and it will pull it back. We don't populate with phone numbers or anything else, so I don't know if it would pull those attributes back.

So, my unofficial answer is "no". I used to have a droid, but I never tried searching on it, so I can't say if it does or not.

buckfill

Reaction score
Ok...I might have spoke too soon. It SORT OF searches. If I navigate to a folder where i think the message is, you can "search". To me it's more of a filter??? In my deleted items I have a ton of trash. I started typing a one hit wonder message that I knew was in there and sure enough it "filtered" it down to that single message. Think of it like your contacts. If you are trying to find "Anderson" and start typing "A" you see all the A's. Then whey you type "AN" you see all the Andy's and Anderson's etc... etc.... Hopefully, that helps.

It sux if you don't know where the message is, though. You'd have to pop into each folder and search. Once again, i might be missing something....

robwilson

Reaction score
Another Exhange Question

I have multiple folder under my main email box with rules that push those recieved emails into the specific folder. Anyway to get a notification when email hits those folders on the HTC Incredible? Right now I have to going to the folder for it to refresh.

buckfill

Reaction score
I have multiple folder under my main email box with rules that push those recieved emails into the specific folder. Anyway to get a notification when email hits those folders on the HTC Incredible? Right now I have to going to the folder for it to refresh.

It is my understanding that you're only going to get notified of messages showing up in the root of the Inbox. If I recall, I think this was even the case with WinMO and Blackberry, so not exclusive to Android.

This is hokey, but I'm thinking you could get creative with your Outlook rules. For starters, you could create a rule to COPY the messages as they arrive into the correct folder. Now, you would have a copy in your inbox as well and would get notified. Going a step further.... I wonder if you could create a rule in your inbox that once a message is read to move it somewhere (i.e. - Deleted Items)??? There has to be a workable solution with rules. I'll play around to see what I can come up with because I have a similar need/want.

Sorry if that's hokey, but it's the only thing I can think of unless there's a guru that knows of something better.