Touchdown vs. not having Touchdown

dihtn

Reaction score
You that purchased Touchdown for your Exchange e-mail, what can you do that those of us who don't have Touchdown do? My company uses Exchange Server 2007. My e-mail is working very well but I am just curious what I could gain if I purchased Touchdown.

Thanks.

TheCleaner

Reaction score
You that purchased Touchdown for your Exchange e-mail, what can you do that those of us who don't have Touchdown do? My company uses Exchange Server 2007. My e-mail is working very well but I am just curious what I could gain if I purchased Touchdown.

Thanks.

There's a full trial available for free...try it out and you'll see the differences and be able to make a personal decision.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
I think the developer even has a web site with info. What will they think of next?

Mark5047

Reaction score
You can actually accept meeting invites from the email meeting request in Touchdown. Also you can access your global address book directly from the email client as well. I know this will be fixed in the January update to droid, but for 20 bucks it may be worth it to you. There is a 5 day trial that wont cost you anything.
The main thing I dont like about Touchdown is the "fisher price" style menu that comes with it. But thats a personal thing..... Honestly I am on the fence, I am only 1 day into my testing with it.

darreno1

Reaction score

Thanks.

Think of Touchdown as a complete mobile version of Outlook. The differences between the default client and it is night and day. Like already mentioned, it's a good idea to give it a try for yourself.

Just some of what it offers:
-ability to save attachments
-categorize and color code contacts/calendar items
-more robust and feature rich calendar/contacts/email/tasks
-ability to accept invites
-ability to have profiles
-ability to fine tune many features
-ability to customize the led color according to alert type(e.g emails vs appointments etc)
-much better folder management
-much easier access to the global address list
-much better control over the default view
-ability to easily backup and do a complete wipe
-ability to remote wipe
-and so on.......

IMO, it's worth every penny.

reggin

Reaction score
I can put all my legal info in my sig.

What sig you say? ;)

Does the sig box open up for you when you purchase the full version? Because as of now, with my trial, I can't enter anything in the signature box.

I was able to change the default sig in the trial version by using the D-pad to get the field highlighted. But I could only enter one line with no breaks and I couldn't delete characters if I made a typo. I had to start over.

Also, not sure if you all know this, but you can install the current version of the app after the trial period ends. You have to uninstall and reinstall. I did this 3 times before I purchased the license. Too bad I didn't get the $9.99 deal.

Also too, not sure if anyone mentioned this, but it is required to use a PIN to access the account. Very much needed.

dylanthecat

Reaction score
Also too, not sure if anyone mentioned this, but it is required to use a PIN to access the account. Very much needed.

Can you elaborate on what this means? I am using Touchdown and do not have any type of PIN.

reggin

Reaction score
Well it may be an Exchange server setting, but when I setup Touchdown the first time(s), it asked me to create a PIN (personal ID number) so when everytime you open the app it asks for the PIN. This is a security feature required by company policies.

dylanthecat

Reaction score
OK, I know what you mean now. That is a security setting that Exchange can use. Ours does not require the PIN. Thanks for clarifying.