Exchange Active Sync setup

blac9570

Reaction score
So I am trying to set up my Windows Live to sync to my phone using Active Sync. It is a student university email but should be set up just like a regular hotmail account. When trying to set it up in the Manual Setup, I put in m.hotmail.com as the server address, \**@**.**.edu (ie the full email address) as the username, I leave the Domain field blank, select the option that says "this server requires an encrypted SSL connection. I hit next and it goes through to the screen asking what you want to synchronize, I then choose next and Finish Setup and the error message "Aunthentication failed. Please verify username and/or password."

I know for a fact that both the username and password or correct so why would this not be working? I did get it to work with Touchdown but don't really like the program all that much and don't really want to pay for something that should be working without it.

gardy0701

Reaction score
I had the same issue when I first picked up my droid.

For domain put the schools domain. For example, mine is stcloudstate/username

Enter your normal school password

And finally it should ask for a server. Generally it will put in something like schoolname.edu, if that is the case, put a mail. in front of it (mail.schoolname.edu)

Hope this helps!

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums