Setting up Exchange Mail on the Incredible

stanwelks

Reaction score
I got this to work without a problem on the Droid, though the setup is different on the Incredible.

On the Droid it asked me for domain/username and I entered \myusername

the Incredible asks for both a domain text field and a separate username field and no matter what I enter it does not work. I tried entering both myusername and [email protected] for the username.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

OP
S

stanwelks

Reaction score
Sorry, didn't see that there was an Incredible forum. Can this please be moved there?

Thanks.

buckfill

Reaction score
Make sure you enter your email address as whatever the exchange default is. You know this by sending an email to another user outside the system. I'm sure you got that, but have to repeat it.

Next, your username needs to be your windows username NOT your email address. Basically, whatever credentials you enter in for outlook web access should be the same. Your domain needs to be your Active Directory domain name. That is not necessarily the same as your email domain. You can find your domain name when you log into your work pc. CTL | ALT | DELETE and you should see it on the sign on screen. Also, make sure your mail server name is the same name as what they have installed on the exchange certificate. You can find this by going to OWA in your browser and clicking on the little security lock. In there, you will find the FQDN of the server. Most likely it will be something like: mail.mydomain.com. Just put the FQDN...none of the other stuff like /owa, etc....

I think there's a check about security certs. Make sure it's enabled and also to allow untrusted ones in case your organization uses self served certs.

Good luck. In a rush, so sorry if i wasn't clear.