Anyone having Exchange Active Sync problems?

Blacksheep427

Reaction score
Exhcange error

I set up Exchange Active Sync right away on Wednesday when I got the phone. Everything worked flawlessly. Email, Contacts and Calendar all synced.

Then on Friday I noticed that my Contacts were synced but I keep getting an error saying the Contacts sync failed to connect to server. Yet all the contacts are there.

On Saturday I noticed that I can't send email through Exchange that has a file attachement in it. I get an error saying Unable to Send Mail and the offending mail sits in my outbox.

I spent the morning changing settings on the server. I tried all three settings for SSL Certificates...ignore, accept and require. Nothing changed. I changed all the settings in the Organization section of Exchange Admin to allow or unallow non-provisional devices...blah blah blah. Nothing changed.

Our certificate is home grown but the Account Settings seems to have no problem with it during setup. And as I said...all the contacts sync up with the server. But the next time it syncs it fails to connect.

I have done a factory data reset on the phone. Did this before and after all the changes to the server I mentioned.

I see a lot of notes in old forum posts (around June 2010?) related to similar problems with Exchange Active Sync with other phones running 2.1 Android. But all those problems were resolved when 2.2.1 was released. Something makes me think we got a bad peice of code on some of our phones.

Anyone else? Maybe you think it is working fine since the contacts and mail seem to flow...but maybe you get the annoying message in the notifications bar saying sync error. Maybe you can send mail, but not send when it has an attachement? Anyone?

Nate

Nate, I have had the error problem off and on with my TB since I've had it. I cannot comment on e-mail with attachment; I did not use that yet on TB. No solution/fix from my end. I can still get all my gmail account info synced via IMAP.

orgswami

Reaction score
Week 3 on my TB and I've decided it's not the phone for me. I am still having the EAS issue on occasion and, even after a call to HTC (with a supposed call-back pending), I get the feeling it's not an issue that will be fixed or even acknowledged by HTC any time soon.

The final nail in the TB coffin was when I checked my text messages to find they were all deleted. Read a few forums that suggested yet another 3rd party app with backup was the fix. Apparently, memory issues cause a corruption in the sms database, so the OS deletes and re-creates it.

I didn't lose anything important, but in 3 weeks, I've had more issues on this one phone than all the other phones I've ever owned combined. Of course, this is my first smartphone (unless you consider a BB a smartphone) and I bought one 3 days after its release. I guess I learned my lesson :p

Hateslinger

Reaction score
I'm running on exchange server via active sync with this phone on a preferredhostinganddomains server for $10 per month. I have zero issues with syncing anything. I also have over 2k contacts.

Sent from my rooted Thunderbolt, VirusROM AirborneTB

sidosc

Reaction score
Exchange 2010 Calendar Synch Issue

I understand that HTC is working on the Tbolt/Calendar synch problem "Exchange Sync Error - Synchrornization is experiencing problems" -- this is with Exchange 2010. Is there any resolution date ?

OP
N

nateccnn

Reaction score
Guys...this thread is pretty old. Did anyone notice my response on how I fixed the original issue?

There is nothing wrong with the TB or HTC in regards to your exchange sync issues. HTC can't fix it. Verizon can't fix it. You can bit$& all you want about them not fixing it but at the end of the day you're still going to have to change some settings on your EXCHANGE SERVER. Active Sync needs to be set up properly for the Exchange Sync to work on your TBs. Authentication needs to match.

HTC may update the Exchange Sync app to allow more secure communications between the Exchange Server and the TB but it does work as it is right now. Don't blame HTC or Verizon...blame your IT manager ( in my case, that is me).

Nate

sidosc

Reaction score

Nate,

Thanks for the reply, I hope I didn't mislead you but I do get calendar synchronization OK. My concern is the error message that I constantly get about the calendar "synchronization is experiencing problems" Why ?
I use an outside Exchange source, "Intermedia" and they verified that all my settings are correct. I would like to have all 3 items (Mail, Contacts, Cal) synching nicely, but without the error message noted above. Thanks for your help.

sidosc

Reaction score
From HTC

[FONT=&quot]Dear Sid,

Our phones do not support 2010 Exchange Servers. They may work but are unsupported at this time by HTC.

[/FONT]

sidosc

Reaction score

FYI,
I deleted past calendar events (possible Exchange 2007 data) up to the time I purchased the Thunderbolt and all is OK, for the time being. A perfect 100% synchronization. Life is good !
Sid

tkellyclt

Reaction score
Same issues here as well...

I'm also experiencing the same symptoms.... calendar and contacts synch fine...mail will synch for a period of time and then stop working until the account is removed and added again. I have mine on "Push". There is no reason this should not work. Anyone find a fix for this yet?