eWeek's top 10 reasons Android can't touch iOS

yahwarrior

Reaction score
Who knows it's customers better than Google? Google reads every email sent or received by gmail, and records all conversations used in Google talk. It tracks it's customers every move with free gps and "background data connections". You can't know more about your customers than that.

Madvincent

Reaction score
apple suck up much get a life and a new phone to who ever posted this article on eweek

OP
D

Dragon3463

Why does google track and read every email that's comes through the servers? Isn't that an invasion of privacy?

Curious to the respond on this question..

Far as the article, Truthfully who really cares what operating system is the best...they all have their flaws..

socalocalsd

Reaction score
Why does google track and read every email that's comes through the servers? Isn't that an invasion of privacy?

Curious to the respond on this question..

Far as the article, Truthfully who really cares what operating system is the best...they all have their flaws..

it would be if google did actually track and read every email that came through its servers lol.. you people need to get a sense of humor ;) it was clearly a joke .. and yes very true about all the operating systems having their own flaws its very much up the the users personal preferences. Why argue whats better or worse? cant people just be happy with what they have and let the rest of the world do whatever they want.

Cdjones187

Reaction score
This article made me rage a bit, typical apple talk seems to me.. So i had to read how android is better than iphone, there reasonings make more sense for the actually consumer.

Also, last I knew Google doesnt make TV commercials about there OS. Saw one, and its 5 seconds long. [video=metacafe;4828405/android_tv_commercial_covcomm/]http://www.metacafe.com/watch/4828405/android_tv_commercial_covcomm/[/video]

10 Things Android Does Better Than iPhone OS | Maximum PC

Cdjones187

Reaction score
I will admit that the iphone's screen is much more responsive. Never seen lag on an iphone before. And I've never seen an android device that hasn't had lag at least on occasion XD.

Look up iPhone running android, the hardware cant handle it...

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
Look up iPhone running android, the hardware cant handle it...

Yeah, get rid of the widgets and some of the other customizations and Android is plenty smooth and responsive. Apples to oranges with a tricked out and modded homescreen.

Rod1025

Reaction score
i have an imac at home and still the iphone don't stand a chance against my droid x!!

iamasongnow

Reaction score
i laughed, i cried. i peed, pooped and puked all over myself.

but really. c'mon. did this writer even pick up an android phone before writing this?
multitasking? folders? really?
" After all, iTunes is the world's top music store." this one really got me rolling. itunes is nothing compared to a torrent search engine.

i just bought an itouch and even after jailbreaking it within the first five minutes i have to say it was the biggest mistake i've made in years. one actual button on the face of the phone. talk about ease of use...

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
i laughed, i cried. i peed, pooped and puked all over myself.

but really. c'mon. did this writer even pick up an android phone before writing this?
multitasking? folders? really?
" After all, iTunes is the world's top music store." this one really got me rolling. itunes is nothing compared to a torrent search engine.

i just bought an itouch and even after jailbreaking it within the first five minutes i have to say it was the biggest mistake i've made in years. one actual button on the face of the phone. talk about ease of use...

you're denying that itunes is the world's top music store?

Juicemane

Bang Bang
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
the first four things make you think the article is a joke, and it pretty much is until that point. but the last 6 are true...ios is more responsiveness than android, and easier to use. and itunes integration is a big deal for some people. the first half of the article is a good practical joke, the next makes good points.

but seriously, you gotta wonder what moron wrote that article and didnt know android has multitasking and folders hahaa..

You should do your homework. You can easily sync/play iTunes on your Android Device. Its not native to the OS (3rd party apps) but its easy and cheap or free.

iOS is more responsive due to hardware acceleration on everything. A feature that is being implemented soon to android (Google said it, search for it).

Every point in that article was slander and is false. iOS played catch up to android, and now that it has the missing features (If you even want to call the hack job multi-tasking on iOS real) its suddenly so much better.

Its called a smart phone, not a dumb phone. Ease of use is important. Anyone remember when a smart phone was for "smart people". Most iPhone people cant program the time on the microwave.

I love Journalism that is designed for nothing more then hits/clicks. Money makes the world go round, no matter how crappy or false it is.

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
the first four things make you think the article is a joke, and it pretty much is until that point. but the last 6 are true...ios is more responsiveness than android, and easier to use. and itunes integration is a big deal for some people. the first half of the article is a good practical joke, the next makes good points.

but seriously, you gotta wonder what moron wrote that article and didnt know android has multitasking and folders hahaa..

You should do your homework. You can easily sync/play iTunes on your Android Device. Its not native to the OS (3rd party apps) but its easy and cheap or free.

iOS is more responsive due to hardware acceleration on everything. A feature that is being implemented soon to android (Google said it, search for it).

Every point in that article was slander and is false. iOS played catch up to android, and now that it has the missing features (If you even want to call the hack job multi-tasking on iOS real) its suddenly so much better.

Its called a smart phone, not a dumb phone. Ease of use is important. Anyone remember when a smart phone was for "smart people". Most iPhone people cant program the time on the microwave.

I love Journalism that is designed for nothing more then hits/clicks. Money makes the world go round, no matter how crappy or false it is.

1) it's not "easy" in the sense of how easy it is to sync itunes on an iphone. if you think it is, then you should do your homework as well. second, itunes is not just for syncing music. itunes connects to the itunes store which allows you to download tv shows, movies, and songs directly to your handset. you dont have to rip your dvds, convert them to some acceptable format and then transfer them to your phone. android has nothing like that...yet. 200M people use itunes. i'm pretty sure they'd appreciate the integration if it was available to android and not say "eh whatever, i guess that's cool"

2) if it's more responsiveness because of hardware acceleration, it's still more responsiveness. dont see what your point is. it's like saying "your car is only faster then mine because it has a custom intake and exhaust"...it's still faster...your point is irrelevant

3) your whole smartphone/dumbphone thing is also odd. You, like other people on this forum, seem to think that all the geniuses have androids, and all the idiots who can't set the timer on their oven have iphones. it's a generalization (an extremely dumb one at that) and it just makes you look more like a fanboy then anyone with any reasoning.

i'm not saying iOS is better than android, i'm not saying android is better than iOS. the author of the article is a complete moron who didn't do his research. but saying "iOS is faster because of hardware acceleration" tells me nothing. it's still faster, i've never seen lag on an iOS device, and every android device in existence has lag. The reason it does or doesn't lag is irrelevant. both OS's have their pros and cons. The first 4 things this moron author listed are false. the last 6 make more sense. why deny it or try to make it look like only idiots have an iphone? makes no sense.

Juicemane

Bang Bang
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com

1) it's not "easy" in the sense of how easy it is to sync itunes on an iphone. if you think it is, then you should do your homework as well. second, itunes is not just for syncing music. itunes connects to the itunes store which allows you to download tv shows, movies, and songs directly to your handset. you dont have to rip your dvds, convert them to some acceptable format and then transfer them to your phone. android has nothing like that...yet. 200M people use itunes. i'm pretty sure they'd appreciate the integration if it was available to android and not say "eh whatever, i guess that's cool"

2) if it's more responsiveness because of hardware acceleration, it's still more responsiveness. dont see what your point is. it's like saying "your car is only faster then mine because it has a custom intake and exhaust"...it's still faster...your point is irrelevant

3) your whole smartphone/dumbphone thing is also odd. You, like other people on this forum, seem to think that all the geniuses have androids, and all the idiots who can't set the timer on their oven have iphones. it's a generalization (an extremely dumb one at that) and it just makes you look more like a fanboy then anyone with any reasoning.

i'm not saying iOS is better than android, i'm not saying android is better than iOS. the author of the article is a complete moron who didn't do his research. but saying "iOS is faster because of hardware acceleration" tells me nothing. it's still faster, i've never seen lag on an iOS device, and every android device in existence has lag. The reason it does or doesn't lag is irrelevant. both OS's have their pros and cons. The first 4 things this moron author listed are false. the last 6 make more sense. why deny it or try to make it look like only idiots have an iphone? makes no sense.

And to rebut.

1. Its very easy to sync itunes to android. iSyncr with the wifi addon syncs your itunes library over wifi... Its actually easier then plugging in your iphone/ipod....

2. Android will soon have hardware acceleration built in, its an operating system, not a piece of art. Caring about fancier input animations vs real performance is a debate for another day.

3. Actually, its true. I pre-ordered my G1 from T-Mobile and stood in line for 3 hours to get it. Id say about 85% of the people standing with me, had something to do with the IT industry. People who complain about android being "difficult to use" are generally not smart enough to set the time on the microwave because they simply don;t have the time or patience to learn how to. The iPhone was designed for a niche market of people with serious elitism complexes. No one in there right mind spends $1500 on a laptop worth about $450 just because it has an apple logo and a decent UNIX/Linux based OS on it. That sir, is fanboyism! Honestly, Android is very easy to use, anyone who says different shouldn't have a smart phone of any kind, including an iPhone.

Juicemane

Bang Bang
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Oh just to clarify what Im saying, Im not refering to the entire Android vs iPhone community here, Im talking about Fanboys vs Fanboys.

Most die hard apple fanboys are stupid for one reason... Spending hundreds if not thousands of dollars more for a product because you are told its better, when in reality, its the same crap in a different wrapper.

where as android fanboys are cheap, like openness (somewhat open), and have a tendency to actually know how to use the tech we purchase.

Sorry.

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
And to rebut.

1. Its very easy to sync itunes to android. iSyncr with the wifi addon syncs your itunes library over wifi... Its actually easier then plugging in your iphone/ipod....

2. Android will soon have hardware acceleration built in, its an operating system, not a piece of art. Caring about fancier input animations vs real performance is a debate for another day.

3. Actually, its true. I pre-ordered my G1 from T-Mobile and stood in line for 3 hours to get it. Id say about 85% of the people standing with me, had something to do with the IT industry. People who complain about android being "difficult to use" are generally not smart enough to set the time on the microwave because they simply don;t have the time or patience to learn how to. The iPhone was designed for a niche market of people with serious elitism complexes. No one in there right mind spends $1500 on a laptop worth about $450 just because it has an apple logo and a decent UNIX/Linux based OS on it. That sir, is fanboyism! Honestly, Android is very easy to use, anyone who says different shouldn't have a smart phone of any kind, including an iPhone.

let's try this again:

1) itunes is not just for syncing music. itunes connects to the itunes store which allows you to download tv shows, movies, and songs directly to your handset. you dont have to rip your dvds, convert them to some acceptable format and then transfer them to your phone. android has nothing like that...yet. 200M people use itunes. i'm pretty sure they'd appreciate the integration if it was available to android and not say "eh whatever, i guess that's cool"...does that sound familiar? it should, because i just said it. isyncr cant sync DRM stuff, and you cant download music, tv shows, movies on the fly, directly to your device. again...if you think that android users are going to turn up their nose at true itunes like integration and say "nah i'll just use isyncr, it's cool", i'm not sure what to say to you

2) that's great, and until it does iOS is more responsiveness. Again...an irrelevant point.

3) Complete generalizations and bias. You're suggesting that the millions upon millions of people who use an iPhone are idiots who have no grasp of technology. It sounded dumb when you said it the first time, and even dumber when you went into depth about it. But that's your opinion (yes, opinion).