New Study Shows that iOS Crashes More Often Than Android

Discussion in 'Android News' started by dgstorm, Feb 3, 2012.

1. jerkwad

jerkwad Member

Ratings:
    +20
    yep, gotta take a lot of this stuff with a grain of salt. i'm sure this happens on both sides though. everyone is passionate about what they own or aspire to own...it's "normal".

2. OneTenderRebel

OneTenderRebel Silver Member

Ratings:
    +64
    while I know this is an Android forum, the stuff some people say to back up their dislike of Apple is far from normal.

3. jerkwad

jerkwad Member

Ratings:
    +20
    i meant the "passion" was normal - not the ass-hatery that can ensue on both sides of the fence (can i say ass-hatery?!) lol

• Like Like x 1
  4. OneTenderRebel

Ratings:
    +64
    haha nice, yeah either way I have been pretty fortunate with my OG Droid and now my Nexus where I don't get too many app crashes, but I try not to download any apps that could be unstable.

5. dgstorm

dgstorm Editor in Chief Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +3,764
    I did not intend the tone of the article to come off as iPhone bashing, in fact it was really the opposite, and was designed to give Android users a defense against iPhone users that bash Android users. Some people do; however, take things a bit too seriously and get "passionate" about their favorite tech, and bash the other side.

But really, both smartphone operating systems and the hardware that runs them are amazing advances in technology. I would hope that any "bashing" that is going on is simply fun banter between friends, like it is around the offices here. For what it is worth, I have seen the same "overly passionate" behavior on several different Apple sites when their users smack-talking about Android. I think we can all meet in the middle and agree that smartphones are one of the coolest pieces of tech to come out of the technology age, regardless of Android or iOS!

6. OneTenderRebel

Ratings:
    +64
    yeah, just because we are pro-android doesn't mean we have to be anti-apple. This whole "pick a side or we will kill you" (ok no one is threatening death) is a bit ridiculous.

7. Happystranger

Happystranger Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Well all I know is that if I could, I would have a G-Nex too...both OS's have something to offer.

8. Dave12308

Dave12308 Silver Member

Ratings:
    +50
    To be fair, a lot of the crashes on iOS devices occur when people fail to read the app description that explicitly tells them to reboot before running, and just go ahead and try to run it immediately after installing.

If the crash is caused by user error, the fault does not lie with the device or OS.

9. Dave12308

Dave12308 Silver Member

Ratings:
    +50
    When people ask me what my preferences are, I tell them that I am a geek; not a fanboy. I am in favor of technology, not certain brands. What I like to see are revolutionary hardware specs. I don't care what company they come from.

• Like Like x 2
  10. jkhonea

jkhonea DF Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +20
    Very good point.

I've had the Incredible, Incredible 2 and the iPhone 4S. There have been less crashes of my iPhone than either of my Incredibles. And none of those had enough significant crashes to have a second thought about.

11. kodiak799

kodiak799 Gold Member

Ratings:
    +775
    Base on my experience with the IPad2, it freezes/lags/apps crash a fair amount - never lived up to the hype for me. My Rezound is rock-solid, but I don't like how Sense forces me to do some things a certain way, much how IOS irritates me.

12. lemodular

lemodular Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Take note that the data was compiled by [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Crittercism, which is backed by Google; not necessarily biased but I thought it was an interesting fact.[/FONT]