eWeek's top 10 reasons Android can't touch iOS

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
"One of the main issues with Android 2.2 is that the software doesn't respond as effectively as it should when compared with iOS. Does that mean there is a responsiveness issue with Android 2.2? Absolutely not. In fact, compared with other operating systems, it holds up quite well. But Apple's platform is different. It's just that iOS simply provides more responsiveness when users interact with it. It could be extremely difficult for Google match that any time soon"

Really that is a really dumb answer to why the iphone is better. But it really dont matter cause we all know droid is better the only difference is we dont have to put these lists out to show it cause everybody already knows it!!!:droideris::motdroidhoriz:

Why Android blows away the iOS, for me. | John C. Bland II

iPhone vs Android Round 2: Why Android Is Better

10 things Android phones do better than the iPhone | 10 Things | TechRepublic.com

That was just a quick search of google...there are PLENTY of "Android is better than iPhone stuff out there"...don't be a fanboy.

And as for you have you ever heard of sarcasm or being sarcastic?? You are crazy relax your little weiner bro. And so you know I am the biggest fan boy wooooooodancedroid

don't think you know what sarcasm means.

Jolly

Reaction score
I have to wonder if this was intended as a joke to begin with if not he's either ignorant or was paid off by an Apple Rep.

Sent from my DROIDX

silvasrt4

Reaction score
#2 completely conflicts with #3... if they cater to what their customers want, and they have wanted multitasking for years now, why did it take them so long to get it on the iOS platform?!

secondly android multitasking is much more sophisticated to that of iPOS... er iOS. this article seems to be very bias and i refuse to listen to the ignorance shining through these words!

itsSunnyB

Reaction score
This Douche bag is a joke look at the rating of the article, it got one star. This fanboy shows no comparison (proof) of what he is talking about, almost all of the things he said the android os has been doing way before the idea even popped into steve jobs head..... all i have to say is loose this tool....

chameleocat

Reaction score
apple does not care about the consumer!

If apple cared about its consumers than they would do what ever it took to give the consumer the most up-todate software! Instead they sit there and tell you it is when all there os upgrades have been the same except for one new addition the original iphone came out and couldn't even send picture messages nor could you shoot videos than the next update came out and the only way to shoot videos and send pictures is if you downloaded something from the app market! now with the new ios4 you can finally add a wallpaper! their so called multitasking isn't even up to par with windows mobile or android ya it can compete but in the end it cant compare what so ever! when android came out you you could send pictures and take video and that was considered the bottom line as far as software was concerned. now android can do any and everything iphone can do and much more consumers have the ability to customize their phones as with an iphone all you can do is move the apps around.

In the end apples slogan should be " Give them nothing but charge them everything"

Asperity

Reaction score
but his article presupposes that TRUE multitasking is available on iOS 4 and that is just simply not true. Oh sure it has SOME multitasking, it allows for SPECIFIC feautres on the phone to run in the background, but to run the full application in the background while you're running one in the foreground? iOS4 DOES NOT DO THAT.

I guess it depends on how you define multitasking. The real question is this: can the end user tell the difference? If not, then does it matter? Rather than simply writing the feature off because it's not "true multitasking" per your definition, it would behoove individuals to inquire why iOS multitasking is limited the way it is? If I had to guess, it's to limit the risk of renegade and poorly written apps from needlessly consuming precious CPU time. Remember when the Facebook app was overhauled? Shortly afterwards, people reported huge drops in battery life due to a Partial Wake Lock bug in the application.

Again, when writing an article titled "Why Android can't touch iOS" you expect a comparison, you expect differentiation to be highlighted. Talking about features in a vacuum is misleading at best. Highlighting something that, according to you, has to deal with differentiation from Android REMOVED has no place in that list. What does the writer mean by "multitasking was key to IOS4 sales"? Does he mean people would have instead bought Android? Does he mean people wouldn't have bought IPhone4 without it? I say bull on both points. So the writer doesn't imply multitasking as a point of differentiation, he's pretty clearly stating it. But Android multitasks, so how is this a point of differentiation for Apple?

No, no I don't. The only thing you can expect is evidence that supports the claim. To think that the evidence must be limited in scope to only differentiating features seems unreasonable to me.

Multitasking is absolutely not a reason Android "can't touch iOS". I don't know what's so difficult to understand about that. So, in fact, either the writer struggled to come up with 10 reasons or the writer is implying Android doesn't multi-task. Sloppy writing at best, if not intentionally misleading.

I won't even bother discussing offering opinions "Apple knows it's customer" as facts that really do nothing to support the conclusion offered in the title. Google knows its customer, too. I don't see how Apple "knowing its customer" is a reason that Android "can't touch iOS".

The list is mostly 10 reasons Apple is a good company rather than 10 reasons Android can't compete.

I've already explained how it applies, but you're either not understanding or simply ignoring it for sake of argument. I doubt I'll change your mind, so lets go ahead and end this discussion here.

Jolly

Reaction score
Don't worry his head probably hurts too from the impact that gave him delusions

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score
I was more referring to the response everyone is having to one guys article. But yes I guess it hurts a little from that too.

Jolly

Reaction score
Oh I know I was just trying to rationalize how this guy could be so delusional.

socalocalsd

Reaction score
this list was made for one reason and thats so you click on the link and possibly click on one of the many advertisements on that page. Did you notice the one link on the page thats said click here to comment? that was an advertisement and they were hoping android users like us would click wanting to tell this guy what a moron he is. Clearly that list is a bunch of bull written to get people to there site. And it worked just they way they wanted i.e. its posted on and ANDROID FOURM just where they want it. Im disappointed in droidforums.net for even posting this story there is NOTHING to learn from this list.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
No, no I don't. The only thing you can expect is evidence that supports the claim. To think that the evidence must be limited in scope to only differentiating features seems unreasonable to me.

Wow... When someone tells me something can't compete I usually expect reasons why one is better than the other. He clearly intends for it to be a differentiating feature or he wouldn't have attributed all the IP4 sales to multitasking (yet another logical fallacy this guy commits).

Let's turn it around... "iOS can't compete with Android because Android multitasks". Does that make any sense? Is that even an argument or simply misguided opinion? How about "this car is better than yours because it, too, is blue"?

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score
"I bet a fun thing would be to go way back in time to where there was going to be an eclipse and tell the cave men, "If I have come to destroy you, may the sun be blotted out from the sky." Just then the eclipse would start, and they'd probably try to kill you or something, but then you could explain about the rotation of the moon and all, and everyone would get a good laugh."

The most valid point of this whole thread!