ERROR: adb could not be granted root access via local.prop method. STILL CAN'T ROOT

evilmeeko

Reaction score
Hey guys,

i have been trying for the past 2 days to root my Droid 3. I have Android 2.3.4, system version 5.6.890. I am using Pete's One click and I am plugged in as "charge only" and USB debugging is checked. I have exhausted all references to methods regarding the usb setups, i.e., charge only, usn mass storage, etc.

I can get through the first two steps no problem, and then I get the first error message on the last step:
ERROR: we have root, but couldn't push su , followed by this message: Try un-rooting first, then running root. It then runs another cycle and finishes the exact same way with : ERROR: adb could not be granted root access via local.prop method

Try again from the start, but if the problem continues, check your version
of Gingerbread -- hopefully you don't have a version where this exploit
was fixed

I tried unrooting, and then re-rooting, it always ends up the same way. Any ideas?? Thank you!

~

Shimmy549

Reaction score
It took me about two hours to get the "simple" one-click method to work. That pales in comparison to your two days, but it isn't necessarily a wham-bam process.

I don't remember the specific error messages I got, but the problem had to do with the Motorola and ADB drivers. It took many uninstallations, reinstallations and reboots of both my phone and computer, before the root tool was able to work with my phone.

I'll take a look around the web for you.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

OP
evilmeeko

evilmeeko

Reaction score

gadgetrants

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Thanks guys for your quick replies. I finally got this working using the Manual ADB method (which took several tries as well)
stated here: Motorola Droid 3 - RootzWiki
I must have a fussy device. I ended up still having to use this as well: http://forum.xda-developers.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=841876&d=1325678726

Thank you for you help, and I hope that others with my issue will see this.
You used manual ADB? FANTASTIC! That was going to be my first response, but with all the 1-click and all-in-one methods, I was worried to suggest using the manual route. Why go stone-age when you can go Ferrari? I'm thrilled you did it the old-fashioned way!

-Matt

Jwax78

Reaction score
I'm having the same issue with my motorola milestone x with android version 2.3.5. I have tried petes motorola one click and droid 3 easy one click. Petes just keeps saying error try again. The droid 3 easy says access denied /data/local.prop' but says it should be rooted but isn't.any ideas?

551280jjj

Reaction score
moto xprt

I have used one click and a special xprt root tool it said ido not have a local.prop...... what do i do... i cannot root

DuduSapore

Reaction score
Dear friends, unfortunately I too have the same problem. I can not root for the Motorola Droid 3 Verizon, I tried in every way, putting in Debug mode, only in charge, and unknown applications enabled, I downloaded various applications including: Motorola One Click, Petes Motorola Root, and other Motofail 2 I do not remember the name. The problem is the same as listed by his evilmeeko: ERROR: adb could not be Granted root access via local.prop method

Can you help me??
I write from Italy and I use a translator. I purchased a Motorola Dorid 3 in Atlanta (U.S.), I really love this kind of smartphones, as well as Motorola. I hope you understand, thank dancedroid

themib

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid 4 (XT894)
only MOTOFAIL Root “Droid 4” by Dan Rosenberg will work
watch this video
[video=youtube;TTU9OQPWTNk]http://youtu.be/TTU9OQPWTNk"]How to root the Droid 3,[/video]

make sure you Right-click on the motofail_windows.zip file, extract the files to a folder on your PC, and run the "run.bat" file from that folder; it will work fine.

DuduSapore

Reaction score
only MOTOFAIL Root “Droid 4” by Dan Rosenberg will work
watch this video
[video=youtube;TTU9OQPWTNk]http://youtu.be/TTU9OQPWTNk"]How to root the Droid 3,[/video]

make sure you Right-click on the motofail_windows.zip file, extract the files to a folder on your PC, and run the "run.bat" file from that folder; it will work fine.

Do you have a link updated Motofail?