Eris Overclock

forgotten_son

Reaction score
Is there a way to overclock the Eris?? Also I'm a noob to root. I rooted and don't really know what to do with it please help!

Sent from my Eris using DroidForums App

Threeball

Reaction score
Is there a way to overclock the Eris?? Also I'm a noob to root. I rooted and don't really know what to do with it please help!

See the posts at the top if this forum for guides to rooting, and what to do next. As far as overclocking goes, there r lots of apps for this. SetCPU is the most popular for the Eris. CPU tuner is another good option. See the thread here titled something like to root or not to root for some tips about tethering and the like.

Sent from my CELBFroyo 3.9 ERIS using DroidForums App

rigbyrobot

Reaction score

most custom roms are built to run at 710, the original clock is 528, I personally don't think clocking over 710 has much benefit vs. the loss in battery life

Sent from my FroyoEris using DroidForums App

Hatfield

Reaction score
most custom roms are built to run at 710, the original clock is 528, I personally don't think clocking over 710 has much benefit vs. the loss in battery life

Sent from my FroyoEris using Droid Forums App

+1 .... LESS IS MORE !

I run my FROYO ROM with no autokiller, no CPU tweak, NO overclocking ... like RR said: most custom ROM's are built to run @710400 with original clock @528000 - technically o/c'd already ... I get SOLID benchmarks (for what they are worth anymore ?!) Quadrant 441, LINPACK 4.9-5.2 MFLOPS.

You want better benchmark scores, go ahead overclock, but actual performance increase is minimal, even debatable ! Also, I suggest a max o/c freq of 768 on most custom Froyo ROM's - any higher and its even more unstable and battery life suffers ... in the end, you will probably set your freq. like the devs do (I DO) - after all, they really know their sh*t :)

Nonsensikal Froyo Eris 16.1 Black n Blue @710